Energy Minister, Dr. Mattew Opoku Prempeh, had said that Sunon Asogli Power Ltd will continue to remain a longstanding partner in energy delivery in the country.
According to him, the Independent Power Producer is a critical player in the power generation space.
Making remarks when he received a six-member delegation from the Sunon Asogli Power Limited, Dr. Opoku Prempeh said “Asogli Power is a longstanding partner in energy delivery in this country, with its 560 megawatt plant occupying 15% of the market share and with projects in several countries across Africa.”
“Its plans and proposals on renewable energy sources such as solar, wind and waste-to-energy projects are interesting. The Ministry of Energy will look at its expansion plans and discuss the way forward accordingly”, he emphasised.
The purpose of the visit of the Asogli team was to formally welcome the minister to the energy sector and also brief me him on the company’s profile and its operations in Ghana, together with its future plans.
Sunon Asogli Plant Limited is the largest IPP in Ghana.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership