Audio By Carbonatix
Thailand says it has bombed a "logistics centre" near the Cambodian town of Poipet, known for being a major casino hub and the biggest land crossing between the two countries.
The bombings come as renewed border clashes show no sign of abating.
Cambodia's defence ministry said Thai forces dropped two bombs, while the Thai side said that they targeted a facility storing rocket systems.
The renewed fighting this month has killed at least 21 people in Thailand and 17 in Cambodia, while displacing around 800,000, officials say.
In a statement, the Cambodian defence ministry said Thai forces dropped two bombs in the area of Poipet municipality at around 11:00 am (0400 GMT) Thursday.
Shortly after, Thai Air Force spokesman Air Marshal Jackkrit Thammavichai said that the Thai military had attacked the centre outside Poipet that had been used to store BM-21 rockets and that no civilians were harmed.
BM-21 rockets are weapons that are typically fired in volleys from the back of an armoured vehicle.
The bombings appear to be the first on Poipet, which is known for casinos popular with Thai gamblers and its international border checkpoint.
On Tuesday, Thailand said Tuesday that between 5,000 and 6,000 Thai nationals remained stranded in Poipet after Cambodia closed its land border crossings between the two countries.
Cambodia's interior ministry said the border closures were a "necessary measure" to reduce risks to civilians, adding that air travel remained an option for those seeking to leave.
The century-old border dispute between the South East Asian neighbours dramatically escalated on 24 July with a Cambodian rocket barrage into Thailand, followed by Thai air strikes. That set off five days of intense fighting, which left dozens of soldiers and civilians dead.
The two countries later agreed to an "immediate and unconditional ceasefire" brokered by Malaysian Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim and US President Donald Trump - who at the time threatened to stop tariff negotiations until the hostilities stopped.
But that ceasefire fell apart again last week, with both sides blaming each other for re-igniting the fighting, which has seen air strikes and exchanges of artillery fire.
Trump claimed last week that he could stop the fighting between Thai and Cambodian forces that broke out by just picking up the phone, but it has continued.
Earlier this week, Cambodia accused Thai forces of bombing Siem Reap province, home to the ancient Angkor temples - the country's top tourist draw - for the first time in the latest round of clashes.
Latest Stories
-
National Investment Bank donates GH₵1m to support GAF barracks redevelopment project
3 minutes -
Gomoa-East demolition: 14 suspects remanded by Kasoa Ofaakor Court
56 minutes -
Divers recover bodies of seven Chinese tourists from bottom of Lake Baikal
2 hours -
From windstorm to resilience: How Wa school is growing climate protection
3 hours -
Reclaiming the Garden City: Dr. Kwame Adinkrah urges Kumasi to rein in billboard proliferation
3 hours -
Bursar of Ghanata SHS arrested for alleged diversion of student food supplies
3 hours -
Trump says he will increase global tariffs to 15%
3 hours -
Bogoso-Prestea mine records first gold pour after 24-month shutdown
3 hours -
Ghana–ECOWAS talks end with renewed push for women and youth political inclusion
4 hours -
Interior Minister receives Hudai Foundation food donation for prison inmates during Ramadan
4 hours -
UBIDS to benefit from pre-fabricated US$6.6m 1k capacity classroom project
4 hours -
Interior Minister launches Automated Fire Safety Compliance System to enhance public safety
4 hours -
Africa must lead climate intervention conversation – Experts
5 hours -
Ghana hosts high-level ECOWAS meeting to boost women and youth political participation
6 hours -
Canada looks to trade talks after US Supreme Court tosses Trump’s tariffs
6 hours
