Real Madrid are to sign 16-year-old Flamengo forward Vinicius Junior in a deal worth £38.7m.
The transfer will go through in July 2018, when Vinicius turns 18, although he could remain at the Brazilian club for a further season on loan, Real say.
Vinicius has played only 17 minutes of senior football, having made his Flamengo debut on 13 May.
After the game, Vinicius was embraced by Robinho, 33, who joined Real Madrid from Santos in 2005, aged 21
In March, he finished as top scorer and was voted best player as Brazil won the Under-17 South American Championship.
After coming on for the final eight minutes of a 1-1 draw with Atletico Mineiro, Vinicius signed a contract extension with Flamengo that increased his buyout clause from 30 million euros (£25.8m) to the 45 million euros (£38.7m) met by Madrid.
The fee surpasses the initial £36m paid by Manchester United to Monaco for striker Anthony Martial, who was 19 when he became the world's most expensive teenager in a September 2015 deal that could be worth up to £58m.
In August, Manchester City signed Brazilian winger Gabriel Jesus, then aged 19, from Palmeiras for £27m plus add-ons.
The deal for Vinicius was announced 10 days after he made his professional debut
It is the first transfer Real Madrid have announced since the end of their ban on signing players, imposed by Fifa as punishment for breaching rules over the transfer of foreign players under the age of 18.
On Sunday, Zinedine Zidane's side won their first La Liga title since 2012 with a 2-0 victory at Malaga.
They have the chance to become the first club to retain the Champions League, since it was rebranded from the European Cup, when they play Juventus in the final in Cardiff on Saturday, 3 June.
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- I don’t know Hearts of Oak, Kotoko is the biggest club in Ghana – Fabio Gama
131 youths in Asutifi North trained in livelihood empowerment skills
Why Tina Turner belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Enimil Ashon: Wikipedia’s insult of the black race
Shani Cooper-Zubida: Earth Day 2021 – An unprecedented opportunity to restore our Earth
Kwasi Appiah unilaterally stripped Gyan off Black Stars captaincy; it led to worse AFCON performance – Tanko
Police commence investigations into alleged suicide of Queen of Peace JHS headmaster
Sompahemaa Foundation donates items worth ₵50k to artisans in Suame
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality