An instance of armed robbery at Nyamebekyere on the Mankranso-Tepa Junction road in the Ashanti Region turned horrific when a number of passengers who had been made to lie on the road at gunpoint were run over by a vehicle, killing two instantly, including the queen of Amaasu in the Brong Ahafo Region.
An eyewitness told the Daily Graphic that at least eight others were critically injured and sent to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi.
The queen was identified only as Nana Basua, I but the other deceased person was yet to be identified as of press time.
The Ashanti Regional Police Public Relations Officer, Inspector Yusif Mohammed Tanko, confirmed the incident but said the police were yet to receive the full details.
As of press time the Ashanti Regional Police Command had sent officers to the area to get first hand information on the robbery and report to the Regional Commander for further action.
Reports said the robbers, numbering about six, had barricaded the road and asked the passengers to lie on the road, while they searched them for cash and other items.
While the robbers were searching them, a speeding vehicle emerged from the Tepa Junction end of the road and when the driver realised that those stopping him were armed men, he refused to stop and sped over the passengers lying on the road.
The robbers escaped after the incident and none of them has as yet been arrested.
The remains of the dead have been deposited at the morgue at KATH.
Source: Daily Graphic
- Nana Agradaa re-arrested after being granted bail
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- SSNIT OBS scandal: State sues Ernest Thompson, 4 others again
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Joe Ghartey files appeal against Sekondi High Court’s ruling
- Suspend prospecting activities in all forest reserves – Lands Minister directs
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Rastafarian Saga: Achimota, all schools under GES cannot be sued – Attorney-General
CDD Ghana conducts School Performance Appraisal Meetings in Kadjebi improve quality of teaching and learning
Nyantakyi never interfered in player call-ups; leave Akonnor alone – George Afriyie tells Kurt Okraku
3 brothers, 3 Olympic berths and 9 medals – Story of the Samir family
National Best Farmer calls for introduction of agricultural ambassadors
‘We’ll invoke Alien Compliance Order to free our nation from aliens’ – Angry judge cautions Fulani man
Nana Adwoa Baafi: Navigating obstacles around progressive portrayal of women in arts
Sad state of Ghana’s only Abedi Pele monument
Over 600 persons to undergo eye surgery at Keta Municipality
Margins Group CEO shares top 10 principles
India hospital fire kills 13 amid Covid oxygen crisis
Algerian scholar gets 3 years in jail for ‘offending Islam’
Chad set for Idriss Deby’s funeral as leaders arrive
65-year-old woman escapes death as house is set ablaze over ‘witchcraft’ accusations
Election 2020: NDC pink sheets digitised
Ghana-Burkina Railway Interconnectivity project to begin 2022; 3 bidders shortlisted