The UG@75 Committee in collaboration with a group of alumni is organising a 10-kilometre walk on the university’s campus on the 2nd of December 2022 as part of activities leading to the anniversary.
According to the Committee, trhe objective is to bring together hundreds of alumni and friends to connect, reconnect and create opportunities for themselves.
“From recent graduates to those who graduated in the 80’s and 90’s, the walk aims to attract the educated elite from the length and breadth of our nation to the campus where they once shared friendships, aspirations, and ideas.
“The walk has been structured to not only acknowledge alumni but also to allow them, along with their friends, to show school spirit and reflect on the good times and memories made on the university campus over the years,” parts of the statement read.
The anniversary will be big on inclusion and participation as captured in its theme, “Nurturing Resilience; Adopting Technology, Embracing Humanism.”
Thus, the Walk would energise the buzz around UG@75.
Beyond the nostalgia of a walk through the university campus, we believe the conversations that would be generated afterwards, would awaken a great many alumni and the public to participate in the programmes and activities scheduled for the university’s 75th anniversary celebrations.
“It will be more than just a walk. Along with it, the day will be dedicated to recreational and networking activities to allow old friends to reconnect and all the participants to make new friends.
Overall, the event will allow professionals, business owners, community leaders, and many others to meet each other and experience a new dimension of interaction and the development of strategic partnerships for themselves and for the good of our nation.
The Walk will begin at 6:00am from the Athletic Oval right in the middle of the university campus. It is also the venue for the recreational activities after the walk. It is anticipated that the recreational activities will last the whole day.
To this end, there will be passive entertainment along with a rotating selection of reasonably priced foods, cocktails, beers, and frozen drinks, to cater for the participants as they network.
We have not forgotten that the day will fall within the World Cup season. And with Ghana playing Uruguay on that day, a large TV screen would be mounted to show the match and other scheduled matches. All in all, it will be a fun filled day. And sponsors for the Walk will be given opportunity
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue