Organisers of the 22nd Vodafone Ghana Music Award, Charterhouse, honoured the memory of Hiplife recording artiste, Theophilus Tagoe, known in music circles as, Castro, at the event held on Saturday.
Nearly seven years ago, on July 6, 2014, Castro, disappeared with Miss Janet Bandu at the Ada Estuary while on holiday with the Gyan brothers and friends. Castro and Miss Janet Bandu were reported to have drowned following a jet ski accident at the Ada Estuary.
While the jet ski involved in the accident was recovered on the same day of their disappearance, their bodies were not, despite a search conducted by the Police. The pair remain missing to date.
A short documentary highlighting Castro impact on the music industry was played at 22nd edition of the VGMA.
One of Castro’s closest friends, D-Black who was featured in the video said on the 7th anniversary of the artiste’s disappearance, he hopes his family and Ghanaians are able to find peace.
After the short video played, musician Kurl Songx took to the stage to perform Castro’s ‘Toffee’.
He was later joined by Kofi Kinaata to perform ‘Odo Pa’. The hit Castro released, that introduced the Takoradi-based Hiplife artiste to Ghanaians.
Sarkodie also made a surprise appearance to perform ‘Adonai’ which featured Castro. ‘Adonai’ remains Sarkodie’s most streamed song on YouTube with over 81m views and on Spotify with over 17m streams.
- Missing pregnant woman in Takoradi found at Axim
- Female prayer warrior leaves church to marry fetish priest
- ‘We’re tired of directionless leadership’ – #FixTheCountry protester
- Milo will need a miracle to qualify Ghana for Qatar 2022 – John Paintsil
- Ablakwa to file another urgent question in Parliament over Akufo-Addo’s ‘extravagant’ foreign trips
- Tamale residents accuse Police of assault over illegal electrical connections
- Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
- Ghanaians celebrate first president with #KwameNkrumahMemorialDay
- Abibata Shanni Mahama Zakariah is new MASLOC CEO
- Peace Council presents report to National Security about marginalised residents of Volta Region
Yaw Mensah: The mining sector in Ghana – an economic driver that could be improved
Tree Crops Development Authority won’t set prices – CEO clarifies
Cashew stakeholders call for research into developing new and improved cashew variant
Seth Tekper: Is government treating exceptional IMF SDR flows as appendix footnote?
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Peugeot Landtrek Double Cabin 4×4 vehicle launched; assembling of Peugeot vehicles in Ghana to begin in March 2022
COCOBOD to sign $1.5 billion Syndication Loan for 2021/2022 cocoa season
Joy Business partners Canada-Ghana Chamber of Commerce to strengthen trade ties
Only fully vaccinated Ghanaians can travel to France without PCR test, quarantines – French Ambassador to Ghana
Police deny NPP executives’ bail request for 12 arrested protestors in North East Region
Police interdicts 4 officers who assaulted Tamale residents over illegal connection
Hasten SDGs implementation to build fairer, prosperous world – Akufo-Addo urges leaders
Fugees announce reunion tour, Ghana listed among countries
12 arrested over violence at Chereponi after release of MMDCE nominees list
Public workers in Tamale protest over 2020/2021 percentage in wages increment