Grammy-award-winning artiste, Yemi Alade is serving attitude with the release of her new EP, African Baddie which is available via Effyzzie Music.
The 10-track project features collaborations with Spice, Phyno, Bisa Kdei, Zlatan, Bramsito, Joe Dwẻt File, and Lemar.
Preceding the release of African Baddie, Yemi Alade released “Bubble It” ft. Spice which amassed over 6 million views on Youtube, bumping the Nigerian singer into over 20 million views on Tik Tok.
“I’m an African Baddie, but that doesn’t mean I don’t have emotions,” says Yemi. “Every woman can relate to all the moods on this EP. One minute we are begging a man not to hurt us again and the next we’re in front of the mirror reminding ourselves who is really in control.”
Not only does Yemi Alade guide fans through different moods on her new EP, but she’s also navigating between new genres with ease. Dancehall, Highlife, and Afrobeats are all represented in this body of work.
African Baddie follows Yemi’s Grammy award winning contributions to both Angelique Kidjo’s “Mother Nature” album earlier this year as well as her contribution to Beyonce’s Black Is King of 2021. For Yemi, this EP garners the same level of attention and recognition, capturing her versatility as an international artist.
The track list contains – Pounds & Dollars ft. Phyno, Overload, Jo Jo ft. Bisa Kdei, Baddie and Ikebe ft. Ziatan. Others are Dje Dje ft. Bramsito, Get Down ft. Lemar, My Man (French Version) ft. Dwet File, Bubble It ft. Spice and Begging,
With four albums, and soon to be three EPs under her belt, and with hits such as ‘Johnny’, ‘Ferrari’, ‘Na Gode’ and ‘Bum Bum’, and as one of the first females in the genre to hit over 100 million views on YouTube and over 1 million dedicated subscribers, Yemi Alade is the No 1 afropop female artist on the African continent.
Beyond the studio, Yemi continues to make an impact in the entertainment world, donning titles such as composer, actress, and producer.
She is a BET Awards 2015 and 2016 nominee for Best International Act Africa, a two-times nominee MOBO Awards for Best International Act 2014 and 2015, Winner MTV Africa Music Awards (MAMAs) for Best Female 2015 and 2016.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- Full text: Finance Minister’s speech on DDEP deadline eve
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Disregard allegations that Haruna Iddrisu sold out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Gospel artiste OJ Blaq wants to be featured on secular concerts
- We need reduction in appointees, not reshuffle – Dr Amoako Baah tells Akufo-Addo
- Economist advises individual bondholders not to invest in DDEP
- My dad, Culture, never died on stage in Germany – Kenyatta Hill
- 3 persons remanded over alleged kidnapping
- 28 of 47 students of Ejuraman Anglican SHS discharged from Hospital
- I’m your biggest fan – DJ Khaled tells Tems
- Akufo-Addo nominates Abetifi MP for Agric Ministry
- Bole: Family of murdered herdsman demand justice, appeals to CJ
- Death in a military operation is not unexpected – Security Analyst on Bawku killings
- Tems speaks on Grammy win, working with Future, Drake, others
- Bank manager arrested for ‘hoarding’ new Nigerian notes
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Kenyan school shaves off female students’ long hair