The Yendi District Police Command has arrested Adam Mukaila, 40 years, a suspected armed robber in connection with two robberies of mobile money vendors at Mion and Balogu.
Acting Yendi Divisional Police Commander, Police Superintendent, Mr Twum Barimah, announced this to the Ghana News Agency at Yendi.
Mr Barimah said Alhassan Sankara, an accomplice of the suspect, was at large.
According to the Police Commander, the two suspected armed robbers, at the weekend, at about 1930 hours, attacked Mr Abubakari Abdul-Aziz, a mobile money vendor at Mion and succeeded in robbing him of GHC33,000.00.
Mr Barimah said the suspects went to the vendor on a motorbike with a gun and ordered him to surrender all the money he had, which he obliged.
He said after collecting the money, they took off and headed towards Yendi Road where the community members alerted the people of Puriya, a nearby community to intercept the suspected armed robbers.
He said when they were approaching Puriya and saw a crowd of people on the road, they fired into them and injured one Mahama Ziblim.
Mr Barimah said intelligence led the Police to a community known as Tong in the Nanumba North Municipality where Adam Mukaila was arrested.
He indicated that the motorbike used for the robbery was found in the house of one of the suspects, who is at large, adding that the suspect is a cattle herdsman to some members of the Tong community.
He indicated that Adam Mukaila was identified as one of the two robbers, who attacked and robbed Ta-ha enterprise MTN money transfer at Balogu North, a suburb of Yendi on August 31, 2020.
He said the case was under investigation and the suspect would be arraigned at the Yendi Circuit Court for trial.
- Moody’s downgrades Ghana to further junk status, warns investors could lose in debt restructuring
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Ghana football: How to dribble around nationality rules
- Cyril Ramaphosa: South African president faces threat of impeachment over ‘Farmgate’
- Moody’s downgrade is a signal that investors must exercise patience – Prof. Peprah
- Seek out Vulture investors now – Prof. Peprah to Ofori-Atta
- Banks, investment firms have not acted fairly towards Ghanaian investors – Dr. Atuahene
- National Queen Mothers Platform joins fight against illegal mining
- Defer interest payments and pay principals – Prof. Peprah
- Harmattan Season: Wildfires destroy food crops in North-East Region
- NHIA opens new office at Mion
- Second Lady calls for comprehensive development of children
- Include persons with mental health conditions in immunization programmes – MindFreedom Ghana to GHS
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians – Prof. Stephen Adei
- Directors of ‘The Woman King’ auditioned me for a role – Prince David Osei
- Government’s management of economy commendable – Prof Adei
- Supreme Court dismisses suit against GRA’s pay 30% before challenging Act