Zoomlion, the country’s total waste management company, has unveiled three new digital platforms.
One is in the form of a USSD code *857#, which is available on all mobile networks, the Zoomlion App and a revamped project website, OneMillionBinProject.Com.
On this App, customers can request a free bin and thereafter access, monitor and seamlessly pay for their trash collection services anywhere anytime.
The One Million Bins Initiative is a social intervention project by Zoomlion to help improve the lives of Ghanaians by correcting poor sanitation practices and developing a solid, seamless and efficient waste collection service delivery in Ghana.
Making the announcement, Florence Larbi, Jospong Environment and Sanitation Group COO said, “Our mission with the One Million Bins Initiative is to provide proper storage and collection of solid waste at household level so we can improve the solid waste management situation.
“Feedback so far indicates most people are delighted and are now practising proper waste management lifestyles”.
On his part, Samuel Ofori-Gyampoh, Jospong ICT Group COO said that Zoomlion’s new cash-free waste service delivery that is powered by Nerasol is the first step in an impactful journey to move the Waste Management Sector from cash to electronic payments and bring convenience to the doorsteps of Ghanaians.
“Starting from Tuesday, anyone can digitally request for a bin in the One Million Bins Initiative and conveniently pay for their trash collection service from the comfort of their home by simply dialling *857# on any network, downloading the Zoomlion App on Google Play Store, and Apple Store or visiting OneMillionBinProject.Com.
Within 48 hours of requesting to get a free bin, Zoomlion personnel will contact you to deliver it.
Zoomlion is optimistic that the One Million Bins initiative will go a long way to significantly address the nagging issue of inadequate appropriate waste bins for the storage of domestic solid waste.
The company is urging the general public to utilise any of the e-payment platforms to #GetABin, start paying for their trash collection services by Zoomlion digitally so they can help Ghana #stopthetrash.
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- He said just the ‘tip’, but now I’m pregnant; the story of a university fresher
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’
- GES, Education Ministry to release academic calendar for SHS
- Turkey earthquake: “Huge and miraculous” – Christian Atsu’s local manager reacts to his rescue
- Turkey earthquake: Ghanaian students recount horror
- Demand for dollars ease; BoG sold only $9.2m on spot market
- Haruna Iddrisu did not sell out NDC to us – Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- Stonebwoy shares pictures of red carpet moments at 2023 Grammys
- Akufo-Addo donates cash, food items towards funeral of late Yagbonwura
- 60% of doctors are in Accra and Kumasi – Health Ministry
- 9 arrested in Atewa Forest for illegal mining
- Pencils of Promise commissions 197th classroom block
- Newmont Ahafo North Mining Project: Chiefs, youth groups appeal to government to apply state laws, warns WACAM
- Reshuffle is to reinvigorate government – Majority Leader
- Majority Leader stops taking fuel allocation in response to Ghana’s economic woes
- Digital Cooperation Organisation makes case for collaboration at LEAP in Saudi Arabia
- Asante Akim Marathon winner to compete in world cross country competition
- DDEP: Government commends bondholders who have tendered their bonds
- DDEP: Government grants 3-day administrative window for bondholders to complete processes
- Merqury Quaye to headline first DJ concert in Ghana on March 5
- Playback: One-on-one with Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu
- ‘The Lord is your shepherd, you shall not want’ – Bagbin prays for Haruna Iddrisu and co
- Epixode hopes to be as big as Grammy winner Kabaka Pyramid ‘one day’