Ebusua Dwarfs and Dreams FC sealed qualification to next season’s Premier Division after both sides secured favorable results in their matchday 28 Division One League fixtures.
Ebusua Dwarfs, who were relegated to the second tier of Ghana soccer last season, secured qualification to the Ghana Premier League with two matches to spare after drawing 0-0 at Elmina Sharks.
The Cape-Coast side have a nine point lead ahead of their closet challengers Elmina Sharks in Zone 2.
Dreams FC on the other hand, sealed their qualification to the Ghana Premier League for the first time ever in their history despite suffering a 2-1 defeat at Kotoku Royals on Sunday.
The Kweiman-based side hold on to a seven point lead in Zone 3 with two matches remaining.
King Solomon, their closest challengers, could not maintain the momentum as they lost 2-0 at Okwahu United.
The last slot for the Premiership will be hotly contested between Techiman City and Real Tamale United in Zone 1 with the Techiman side currently leading Real Tamale United by four points with four games to go.
Follow Joy Sports on Twitter: @Joy997FM. Our hashtag is #JoySports
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- Ronaldo charged by UEFA over goal celebration
- CAF Rankings: Ghana gains one coefficient point after Kotoko campaign
- Messi humbled by Betis fans' standing ovation
- CAF CC: Akonnor refuses to blame lack of football activity for early exit
- Incredible Messi hat-trick earns standing ovation from Betis fans
- Inter edge Milan derby in five-goal thriller
- SCOREBOARD: Results from top European leagues
- CAF CC: Asante Kotoko suffer group stage exit
- Atletico-Barca clash sets attendance record for women's club game
- Keerapa Active to construct ultra-modern football facility in Sogakope
- Juventus suffer first league defeat of the season at Genoa
- Wolves stun Man United in FA Cup quarterfinals
- Man City come from two goals down to reach FA Cup last four
- Isco and Bale get Zidane's second coming off to winning start
- Dalex Swift Hoops lights up Pent Hall Week celebration