The Volta Regional Minister has disclosed that a total of 100 persons have been arrested in connection with the recent attacks by suspected separatist groups in some parts of the Volta region.
The arrested persons include a member of the group who led a team of policemen to retrieve some of the stolen items from 2 Police Stations in Aveyime and Mepe.
Dr Archibald Letsa disclosed on JoyNews’ The Pulse that the arrests were possible because of the efforts of National Security Operatives as well as citizens of the Volta Region.
“17 people were arrested on Sunday. I would say that in total about 100 have been arrested,” he said.
This comes after a viral video of Police retrieving firearms from a suspected member of the secessionist group surfaced on social media.
In the video, a company of policemen is seen marching through a pathway in a bush with the suspect to where the rifles had been buried.
The items including at least two rifles wrapped in a black plastic bag were dug out of the ground where they had been hidden.
Dr Letsa further disclosed that 14 ‘AK-47’ rifles, 3 pump-action guns, 1 pistol, a shotgun, and some other weapons were also retrieved from the exercise.
He added that investigations are still ongoing as the arrested persons are being interrogated.
“The appropriate actions will be taken against them,” he added.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Parliament approves fees for “access” to information
- ‘Stop the foolhardiness, Akufo-Addo’s booing at Global Citizen Festival wasn’t orchestrated’ – Stan Dogbe tells NPP
- We need consensus building on debt restructuring process – Dr. Atuahene
- Release incarcerated KNUST students – Katanga Hall Alumni Association
- Establish a debt limit in the constitution to control borrowing – Dr. Atuahene
- Election 2024: If literates are failing, try illiterates – Kumchacha to Ghanaians
- 14-year-old pregnant girl, 23 others rescued from being trafficked to Côte d’Ivoire
- Wa killings: 18 arrested so far
- Education Minister congratulates Serwaa Kesse Girls’ SHS for winning 2022 National Business Pitch Competition
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- Government begins second phase of discussions with IMF
- Halt the activities of Seven Seas salt company – Ketu South residents to government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses Ghana’s impending debt restructuring
- Ghana cannot avoid debt restructuring currently – Cassiel Ato Forson
- Super Clash: Asante Kotoko file complaint over officiating
- KCCR records zero cases of Covid-19 samples in 2 months
- Luv FM Habitat Fair: Republic Bank offers flexible mortgage packages for home ownership