The 2019 edition of the annual Ghana Club 100 Awards came off on Friday, November 15 at the Kempinski Hotel, Accra.
The event organised by the Ghana Investment Promotion Centre (GIPC) was on the theme “Sustainable Agriculture; The Bedrock of Ghana’s Industrialisation Drive”.
The Ghana Club 100 (GC100) is an annual compilation of the top 100 companies in Ghana to give due recognition to successful enterprise building.
The GC100 is about corporate excellence hence companies making it into the list are to serve as role models for the private sector and provide a forum for corporate Ghana to interact with the government at a high level.
MTN Ghana was adjudged the number one company at the awards ceremony.
The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, who was the special guest of honour presented the award to MTN Ghana.
Receiving the award, the company said it felt humbled by the recognition. It thanked its staff and stakeholders for contributing to its success.
See the full list below:
1. Scancom Plc. (MTN)
2. Kosmos Energy Ghana
4. Sunon Asogli Power Plant Ltd.
5. IT Consortium
6. ASA Savings and Loans
7. Total Petroleum Ghana Ltd.
8. Goldfields Ghana Ltd.
9. Olam Ghana Ltd.
10. Agro ECOM Ghana Ltd.
11. Anglogold Ashanti Aduapriem
12. Newmont Goldenrich Ghana Ltd.
13. Unilever Ghana Ltd.
15. Newmont Ghana Gold Ltd.
16. GCB Bank Ltd.
17. Enterprise Trustees
18. Barclays Bank Ghana Ltd. subsidiary of ABSA
19. Metropolitan Health Insurance Ghana Ltd.
20. Ecobank Ghana Ltd.
21. B5 Plus Ltd.
22. Enterprise Life Company Ltd.
23. Poly Kraft Ghana Ltd.
24. Letshego Ghana Savings and Loans
25. Nexans Cable Metals Ltd.
26. Kiteko Ghana Ltd.
27. Maphlix Trust Ghana Ltd.
28. Afcott Ghana Ltd.
29. Stanbic Bank Ghana Ltd.
30. Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Ltd.
31. Fiaseman Rural Bank
32. Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd.
33. Cal Bank
34. KEK Insurance Brokers
35. Melcom Ltd.
36. GTBank Ghana Ltd.
37. Microfin Rural Bank Ltd.
38. Papaye Ghana Ltd.
40. Starlife Assurance
42. Goldfields Tarkwa and Damang mine
43. TekSol Ltd.
44. Niche Cocoa
45. Izwe Savings and Loans
46. Kane-Em Industries Ltd.
47. Glico Life Insurance Company Ltd.
48. Tobinco Pharmacy Ltd.
49. Sefwiman Rural Bank Ltd.
50. Atwima Mponua Rural Bank Ltd.
51. Amenfiman Rural Bank
52. Enterprise Insurance Company Ltd.
53. Societe Generale Ghana
54. L’aine services Ltd.
55. Bayport Savings and Loans
56. Fanmilk Ltd.
57. GHL Bank Ltd.
58. Poly Tanks
59. Ahantaman Rural Bank Ltd.
60. Manya Krobo Rural Bank Ltd.
61. Bosomtwe Rural Bank Ltd.
62. Sunu Assurances Ghana Ltd.
63. New Crystal Health Services Ltd.
64. South Akyem Rural Bank Ltd.
65. Builsa Community Bank Ltd.
66. Interplast Ltd.
67. Otuasekan Rural Bank Ltd.
68. Star Assurance Company Ltd.
69. Kaaseman Rural Bank Ltd.
70. Olam Cocoa Processing Ghana
71. G4S Security Services Ltd.
72. Upper Amenfi Rural Bank Ltd.
73. Activa International Insurance Company Ltd.
74. SIC Insurance Company Ltd.
75. Glico Healthcare Ltd.
76. Leasafric Ghana Ltd.
77. Juaben Rural Bank Ltd.
78. Atwima Kwanwoma Rural Bank Ltd.
79. Crocodile Matchets Ghana Ltd.
80. Ghana Rubber Estates Ltd.
81. Prudential Life Insurance Ghana Ltd.
82. Amansie West Rural Bank Ltd.
83. Amanano Rural Bank Ltd.
84. Tropical Cables and Conductors Ltd.
85. Odotobri Rural Bank Ltd.
86. Kintampo Rural Bank Ltd.
87. Bawjiase Area Rural Bank Ltd.
88. M&G Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
89. Guinness Ghana Breweries Ltd.
90. Kasapreko Company Ltd.
91. Asokori Rural Bank Ltd.
92. Anum Rural Bank
93. Access Bank
94. Akuapim Rural Bank Ltd.
95. Asante Akyem Rural Bank Ltd.
96. ADB Bank
97. Starwin Products Ltd.
98. Glico General Insurance Company Ltd.
99. Acacia Health Insurance
100. Japan Motors Trading Company Ltd.
Largest Taxpayer – Scancom Ghana Plc., MTN
Fastest Growing Company – Sunon Asogli Power Plant Ltd.
Most Profitable Company – GCNet
Largest Company in Ghana – GOIL
Best New Entrant Company – Agro ECOM Ghana Ltd.
Best CSR Organization – Newmont Ahafo Mine
Best Listed Company – Cal Bank
- ECG releases ‘dumsor’ timetable; outages to begin May 10
- NDC suspects doctoring of Techiman South election summary sheets
- Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
- We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
- ECG to announce ‘dumsor’ timetable for works on Pokuase BSP
- Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
- Kasoa Opeikuma businessman killers arrested at Buduburam
- Kasoa ritual killing: State charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
- Kunbour mustn’t behave like a serial caller – Ade Coker
- Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
Meet the midwife driving a ‘Wooden Door Ambulance’ to save lives
Egyptian railways boss sacked after deadly crash
Queen marks her 95th birthday today without Prince Philip
Stop conniving with Chinese to destroy rivers and water bodies – Sanitation Minister
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, April 21, 2021
How farmers in Upper East are adopting Agroecology farming methods
SSNIT sets records straight on Weija lands ownership
Queen Elizabeth suffers another loss
Kasoa Murder: Court orders police to ascertain suspect’s age
An unregulated media space, a danger to media freedom – Media Foundation for West Africa
Akufo-Addo’s cousin at Noguchi cited for conflict of interest in Frontiers Healthcare contract
Unemployed jailed 10 years for defilement
University of Energy and Natural Resources to pilot e-motorcycles with solar energy
Fire destroys over 20 containers at Mankessim market
Contracts awarded to Zoomlion, Frontiers Healthcare Solution, others were in breach of procurement practices – Report