The world's largest Powership known as Karadeniz Powership Osman Khan has arrived in Ghana, Myjoyonline.com has gathered.
A statement by Karpowership Ghana Company Limited Friday said the arrival of the Powership is in fulfillment of its Power Purchase Agreement with the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) last two years.
As part of the 2015 agreement, Karpowership Ghana is expected to provide a total of 450MW capacity, which is expected to directly feed into the national grid for a period of 10 years.
The 470 MW Powership is expected to supply uninterrupted and reliable electricity at a lowest cost to the country for thermal power generation.
Per the agreement, the Powership will initially use low Sulphur Heavy Fuel Oil (HFO) to generate electricity but it will be converted to Natural Gas as soon as local Natural Gas supplies become available.
"The operations of 470 MW Karadeniz Powership Osman Khan will have a significant contribution to Ghana’s electricity supply as the most reliable power plant in the country and create more employment opportunities," the statement by Karpowership has said.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- We’ll meter all distribution transformers to fight power theft – Samuel Mahama
- Herbert Mensah receives rousing welcome after Rugby Africa Election win
- Proposed tax measures not new; to boost fiscal economy – Finance Ministry
- My vision is to become a servant for Keta and help with development – Dr Kojo Mensah
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Quick Angels supports 10 entrepreneurs with ¢25,000 each
- Should ECG stop revenue mobilisation exercise?
- Licensing cybersecurity professionals is critical – Antwi-Boasiako
- KNUST SRC to create permanent seat for disabled students
- Things we do to escape the economic hardship
- Fred Nuamah suspects foul play amid struggle to file nomination forms
- I didn’t intend to mock ‘adowa’ music in Amerado beef song – Lyrical Joe
- Chris Hughton reveals AFCON target ahead of Angola tie
- ‘Hatred or truth’ – Woman’s message to son’s girlfriend shocks social media users
- AFCON 2023Q: Mohammed Salisu only fitness doubt ahead of Angola clash
- Directing CID to probe Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ claims could be plot to clear officials of wrongdoing – Dr Apaak