Audio By Carbonatix
Manchester City have agreed the sale of Mario Balotelli to AC Milan, Goal.com understands.
The two clubs reached an agreement over a €23.4 million (£20m) deal that will be spread over five years to see the Italy international move to San Siro.
Balotelli is expected to earn €4m (£3.4m) a year, a paycut from his current £110,000 per week deal at the Premier League champions, and sign a four-and-a-half year contract with Massimiliano Allegri's side.
The striker is currently in London ahead of City's Premier League clash with QPR at Loftus Road on Tuesday evening but is believed to have a private jet on standby at London's City airport.
Milan revealed via their Twitter account that "Balotelli's medicals will take place [on Wednesday] at Busto Arsizio and Milanello", while his first training session with the team will take place on Thrusday.
As Goal.com exclusively revealed on Monday afternoon, negotiations between the two clubs had accelerated, leaving Balotelli poised to undergo a medical in Milan ahead of the proposed transfer.
City were understood to be holding out for ÂŁ22 million from Milan, while also insisting that a 15 per cent sell-on clause is added to any deal, but it is believed the club have since eased their stance.
The 22-year-old said goodbye to team-mates and club staff after Monday morning's training session at Carrington, as he prepared to leave for Italy after a tumultuous time in England.
Balotelli's stock fell after a training ground bust-up with manager Roberto Mancini, and although he was subsequently dropped from the first-team but given a reprieve by the 48-year-old, he was made available for transfer.
On Saturday, Milan vice-President Adriano Galliani said he was "99.9%" certain that the Rossoneri would not be able to sign Balotelli, but in a press conference on Sunday he suggested further progress had been made.
"Yesterday was 99.9% no, today is 99.5% no," he told reporters. "It is a situation different from that of yesterday, but the bag is closed until tomorrow morning."
The former Inter Milan forward has netted just one league goal for City this season and featured in just five games since November.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
29 minutes -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
55 minutes -
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
1 hour -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
1 hour -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
2 hours -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
2 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
2 hours -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
3 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
3 hours -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
3 hours -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
3 hours -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
3 hours -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
3 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
3 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
3 hours