Audio By Carbonatix
At least 20 people have died in floods across the Upper East Region in the last month due to heavy rainfall, the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) has said.
Joy News’ Upper East region correspondent, Albert Sore reported that over 200 houses have also collapsed, leaving hundreds of people homeless and seeking refuge with their relatives.
The National Disaster Management Organization in that Region says it is still collating figures on the impact of the disaster.
Regional Director in-charge of Operations, David Mbah said although an assessment of the disaster has yet to be completed, the death toll could rise.
Describing the situation as “so pathetic”, Mr Mbah called on “all bodies concerned, because the relief that we have may not be enough to cover all affected victims.
“We still need the support of government and other NGOs and benevolent organisations that can help support us give relief to victims of this disaster,” he added.
Portions of a bridge in the Builsa North District which connects Jansa and neightbouring communities to Sandema, the District capital has also been washed away.
Portions of a bridge in the Builsa North District which connects Jansa and neightbouring communities to Sandema, the District capital has also been washed away.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: St. Francis Xavier deny debutants Pentecost SHS one-eighth spot
31 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Tamale SHS sweep aside Kalpohin, Wenchi Methodist to reach one-eighth stage
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Tears of relief as Labone SHS survive Notre Dame Sem. in thriller to secure one-eighth spot
2 hours -
Onga Tomato Mix unveils Diana Hamilton as Brand Ambassador
2 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Winneba Secondary School holds off Fijai SHS to reach one-eighth stage
2 hours -
KNUST assures staff, public over statute review process amid UTAG concerns
2 hours -
CLOGSAG Executive Secretary Dr Isaac Bampoe Addo passes on
2 hours -
Take post-flood disinfection seriously to prevent disease outbreaks – Environmental Health Officer backs Zoomlion
2 hours -
Zoomlion launches fumigation exercise across 14 MMDAs in Western Region
3 hours -
UTAG-KNUST votes to retain elections for Pro-Vice Chancellors and Deans
3 hours -
Newsfile to discuss nationwide blackouts, GoldBod controversy, galamsey and water quality
3 hours -
Adamus must settle GRA, MIIF and financial institutions liabilities under new turnaround roadmap
3 hours -
Big Chef Season Five returns with Gari Fotor Challenge this Sunday
3 hours -
Gov’t to form 6-member team to supervise Adamus mine turnaround
3 hours -
Wontumi is not Mandela, NPP must be realistic about chairmanship bid – Musa Danquah
3 hours