Audio By Carbonatix
The Northern Regional Police Command has arrested a 27-year-old man over a provocative TikTok video about the death of the late Mion Lana, Abukari Mahama.
The suspect, Abdulai Mohammed Saani, was arrested in Kumbungu on Thursday, August 20, and taken to the Regional Police Headquarters in Tamale for questioning.
Police say the arrest follows intelligence-led enquiries by the Regional Police Intelligence Department and the Criminal Investigations Department after the video began circulating online.
In a statement, the Command said investigations would continue to establish how the video was produced and shared, and whether others were involved.
The statement said, "The suspect was identified and subsequently traced to Kumbungu, where he was arrested to assist with investigations. We are monitoring the situation closely and will take all lawful measures necessary to maintain peace and public order."
The Command also urged the public to avoid sharing unverified content that could inflame tensions.
The police added: "We urge the public to refrain from creating, sharing or circulating unverified and provocative content capable of creating tension or disturbing public peace."
Latest Stories
-
ASEC calls on GRIDCo to publish full report on recent power outages
3 minutes -
CAGD orders covered entities to seek approval before opening bank accounts
3 minutes -
AFREIKH Summer School opens with focus on managing Africa’s extractive future in energy transition
8 minutes -
UPSA challenges students to turn classroom knowledge into real-world solutions
27 minutes -
Ghana urged to build capacity to maximise China’s zero-tariff policy
40 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: TEMASCO returns to one-eighth stage after last year’s heartbreaking loss
44 minutes -
Photos: Republic Bank JoyNews Habitat Fair Day 1 draws visitors as they engage exhibitors
46 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: AHEMAA silence AHENEMMA – Kumasi Girls storm into one-eighth stage as OKESS stumble
51 minutes -
Profs4Agyarko hail newly elected NPP regional executives
52 minutes -
Bono Police arrest suspect over alleged GH¢1.1m fake gold deal in Berekum
56 minutes -
‘I will fight for NPP with a clear mind’ – Afenyo-Markin
56 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: OPASS seize control from Mim SHS, Oyoko Methodist to advance to one-eighth stage
57 minutes -
Dorimon E-Block project nears completion after decade-long stall
1 hour -
‘Eat humble pie’ – Afenyo-Markin challenges NDC over GH¢22bn GoldBod losses
1 hour -
Ghana secures €163m debt restructuring deal with Belgium – Ato Forson
1 hour