Audio By Carbonatix
England manager Fabio Capello hit back at Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho, and believes that the Portuguese tactician has been disrespectful towards him.
The two-time Champions League winning coach recently claimed that he had come very close to taking the reins to the national team in 2007, as a replacement for Steve McClaren.
Mourinho also maintained that he eventually turned down the chance to manage the Three Lions due to a preference towards club football, before joining Inter at the time.
Now the Italian believes that speaking of previous offers in such a way shows a lack of respect towards the person in charge, while choosing not to comment on reports that claimed he was approached to succeed Sven-Goran Eriksson in 2006.
"I don't speak about the relationship with the other clubs, for respect for other managers," Capello said, according to The Mirror.
"I don't like to speak about my relationship with the clubs, with other people. These are my personal secrets. I'll never tell you about what really happened in my career.
"I think it's serious. Every time a club or a different national team decides to choose a manager, they decide to speak with a lot of managers. It's normal. It's not different. This is a question for the chairman that chose me, not a question for me.
"I don't like to speak about this. I've said enough. Thank you."
The FA has chosen to react by releasing a statement to play down the situation, as a spokesman said: "Fabio was our first choice for England manager. We have made that clear from the outset."
Goal.com
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
4 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
19 minutes -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
42 minutes -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
42 minutes -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
43 minutes -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
2 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
2 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
2 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
4 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
4 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours -
Publican AI and the A–B–C Corridor
5 hours -
Blast targeting train kills at least 20 in Pakistan
5 hours -
Attacks on Ebola centres intensify in eastern DRC amid outbreak fears
5 hours