Audio By Carbonatix
Former AC Milan and Barcelona striker Ronaldinho has been suspended by Flamengo after failing to join the squad for a friendly in north-east Brazil, a club vice-president told supporters.
Ronaldinho was jeered off the pitch when he was substituted on Saturday after his mistake had led to Internacional's equaliser in a 3-3 draw.
He was given permission to visit his mother, who has health problems, after the game but missed training on Wednesday and did not catch the flight to Teresina for Thursday's friendly.
Flamengo have not officially commented, however football vice-president Paulo Cesar Coutinho told a group of supporters in the team hotel that Ronaldinho had been dropped.
""I've just spoken to the club president and he's been suspended," Coutinho said in a conversation which was filmed by one of the fans.
""I thought that he might not have come because of his mother's problem, but he didn't even answer the phone or call."
""Who do you think is going to win?" he added. "Flamengo has existed for 100 years."
The relationship between Flamengo and Ronaldinho has been going steadily downhill since the start of the year.
Ronaldinho's performances have been disappointing and he was left out of the Brazil squad this month by coach Mano Menezes for a tour to Europe and the United States.
At the same time, his brother and agent Assis has complained that Flamengo have not been paying the twice World Player of the Year on time.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Chamber of Mines engages Adamus, government over revoked mining leases
5 minutes -
Kwame Dadzie: Dear President Mahama, scrap ‘Black Star Experience’
17 minutes -
CSA urges Ghanaians to report cyber threats
25 minutes -
Top Zambian opposition figures arrested days after presidential vote
31 minutes -
Agotime Kente Festival celebrates heritage, weaving and cultural identity
33 minutes -
Mahama announces new strategy to keep galamseyers out of reclaimed forest reserves
38 minutes -
KFC Ghana and the Gh¢15 promotion: Where does corporate responsibility begin?
40 minutes -
Ahafo Minister cuts sod for 24-hour market project in Tano North
51 minutes -
14 arrested over suspected narcotics cultivation, distribution in Upper East
54 minutes -
Lands Minister backs calls for strategic investor to revive VALCO
57 minutes -
Non-interest bonds could help finance Ghana’s hospitals, roads and schools – Dr Shaibu Ali
1 hour -
Accra High court halts Buffer Stock trial pending Supreme Court ruling on vacation sittings
1 hour -
Teshie Telephone Pole residents appeal for urgent action over prolonged water shortage
1 hour -
Understanding significance of investments
1 hour -
KMA donates 400 recycled plastic desks to four Kumasi SHSs
1 hour