The Ahafo Kenyasi Development Association has called on the government to as a matter of urgency fix the dusty and deplorable roads in the mining community.
The group said they will activate a series of actions, including demonstrations, against the government if the roads started in the election year are not completed within two months.
At a press conference to climax a town hall meeting of stakeholders, the Association also expressed their disappointment in the government for overlooking Asutifi North district in top political appointments.
JoyNews’ Precious Semevoh has more in this video report.
- World Bank classifies Ghana as high debt distressed country; debt to GDP to hit 104%
- In pictures: Hundreds rendered homeless at Ashalaja
- While others mocked me, Seidu Agongo offered to help – Kofi Amoabeng
- ‘Suck a breast within October’ – Health expert advises men
- Police on manhunt for man flogging toddler in viral video
- Child Rights International places ¢10k bounty on head of man flogging toddler in viral video
- President’s son loses army post after Twitter spree
- Pay compensation to affected customers – PURC orders ECG
- E-levy: GRA blames charging entities for wrongful deductions
- ‘I sold my mansion for me not to go broke’ – Kofi Amoabeng
- Consumer Protection Agency raises alarm on sale of already registered SIM cards
- President’s speech did not offer any new direction in fighting galamsey – Daryl Bosu
- Samuel Antwi beats Johnson Acquah to win the Translight Solar Tennis Super Cup
- Two sisters settling family feud on Big Chef
- Minority in Parliament pressures government to announce producer price of cocoa for 2022 season
- 25 killed as bus plunges into gorge in India
- Masloc begins training for its staff as nationwide digitisation rollout
- GFA launches Talent Identification and Development Programme
- Illegal miners torture suspected thieves on site
- Suicide is never an option – Funny Face
- #NoToGalamsey: The pledge to put my presidency on the line wasn’t bombast or recklessness – Akufo-Addo
- 2014 World Cup was problematic – Kwesi Nyantakyi
- Driving Schools Association to collaborate with MTTD to clamp down on unregistered drivers
- GOIL donates hospital beds to Asuom Health Centre in Eastern region
- Government not against mining but can’t accept ones that destroy our country – Akufo-Addo