Algeria midfielder Ryad Boudebouz looks set to miss next month's Africa Cup of Nations in Gabon with a knee injury.
The 26-year-old's French club Montpellier have announced he will be out for several weeks as he needs an operation on the problem.
The club's leading scorer so far this season with seven goals hurt himself in Saturday's 2-1 loss at Lille.
Boudebouz will miss Montpellier's final three games of the year including and Tuesday's League Cup clash at Nantes.
Algeria are due to open their Nations Cup campaign on 15 January against Zimbabwe before games against Tunisia and Senegal in Group D.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- 7 vehicles crash at Achimota dual carriage
- ‘BoG has lost focus’; it’s to be blamed for high lending rates – Togbe Afede
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
Livestream: Newsfile discusses Ghana’s energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond
Police prevents #FixTheCountry protestors from presenting petition on 2022 Budget to Parliament
Bank of Ghana signs historic MoU with Bank of Mauritius
279 Ghanaians, 107 foreigners arrested in a joint security operation in 5 regions of the North
NSMQ 2021: 6 things we learned as Presec fails back-to-back bid
Speaker committed to seeking the best interest of citizens