Audio By Carbonatix
Police investigations have revealed that Mr. Godwin Chartey Annan, head coach of the deaf team who allegedly colluded in the sending of able-bodied persons to the Australia tournament meant for the deaf, included his son on the trip.
Ostensibly, the son, who also showed a sign of somebody with hearing impairment and participated in the tournament of which the Ghana team lost 3-8 to the Australian side, has vanished into thin air.
The Head of Document and Visa Fraud of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Police- Headquarters, Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Francis Baah, disclosed this to the Times in Accra yesterday.
He said upon hearing that James Armah, the Sports Development Officer of the National Sports Council and Secretary General for the Association for the Disabled and member of the Paralympics committee had been arrested, the coach went into hiding.
DSP Baah said personnel of the CID had gone to Annan's house as well as the training grounds where they suspected he had been training other people but he could still not be traced.
Mr. Baah said the CID Monday arrested the Sports Council official, who stood surety for him for bail in an earlier case when he (Annan) was arrested, to help locate the whereabouts of Mr. Annan.
On Thursday, August 6, the times reported on its front page of the arrest of Mr. Armah who was alleged to have collected GH¢4,OOO from able-bodied people to participate in a sports tournament meant for the hearing impaired in Australia last month.
Mr. Armah's action has been condemned by the national team of the hearing impaired.
In another development, it has been disclosed that Mr. Annan was, in an earlier case, arrested in connection with visa fraud but was granted bail by an official at the Sports Council.
Source: Times/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Africa to maintain steady growth over next three years – Bridgewater Advisors
36 minutes -
Queiroz unavailable as Desmond Offei to lead Black Stars against Mexico
40 minutes -
2026 Legacy Expo to reposition Africa’s beauty and wellness economy
52 minutes -
TDC, GIADEC and ARISE IIP establish special-purpose company to drive Tema Industrial Park project
1 hour -
Ablakwa clarifies South Africa evacuation reports, assures support for all Ghanaians
1 hour -
Today’s Front pages: Friday, May 22, 2026
1 hour -
Africa urged to overhaul climate finance rules and regulations to unlock investment
2 hours -
Joy Prime to broadcast Mexico vs Ghana friendly match on Saturday, 23rd May at 2am
2 hours -
PNC National Chairman calls for arrest of NPP Youth Organiser
3 hours -
Joana Gyan Foundation partners KN Foundation, GFA & PFAG for historic Nsawam Prison outreach
3 hours -
Chief urges youth to see farming as dignified business, not punishment
3 hours -
Majority Leader says Ghana is experiencing ‘fastest economic recovery’
3 hours -
Anlo-Afiadenyigba SHS appeals for constant water supply, security
3 hours -
‘Stability, credibility and predictability are Ghana’s competitive advantage’ – Ambassador Victor Smith
3 hours -
NAIMOS arrests Chinese national, 7 Ghanaians in Ashanti Illegal Mining crackdown
3 hours