The Beauty Business Chamber, an umbrella body for beauty and wellness practitioners has organized a one-day training workshop for its members at the Ecobank Head office in Accra.
The programme dubbed: National Beauty Summit was under the Theme, “Opportunity to Access Funding for Your Business.”
It had resource persons with expertise who took the participants through various rudiments of business practice.
The summit, which attracted 130 participants representing makeup brands, barbers, makeup training institutions, spar and wellness operators provided them with the latest information on available funding opportunities with flexible repayment terms.
The summit created a platform for them to network with other beauty industry professionals at the same time building relationships, finding new clients, and business partnerships.
The Beauty Business Chamber offers a variety of training and development programmes that are tailored to the needs of beauty businesses.
The BBC advocates for the interest of beauty businesses at the local and international level, while offering a variety of business support services to its members, such as legal advice, financial planning, and marketing assistance.
In her presentation, Head of Ecobank Women’s Desk, Dr. Loretta Sarpong said the Ecobank Elevate Initiative customers are given financial support that come with capacity building and expanded market opportunities to help them scale up their business.
Those customers are given visibility on Ecobank’s digital platforms across 33 countries in Africa.
Concerning proper book keeping, Dr. Sarpong said some of the young entrepreneurs do not do proper book keeping, something Ecobank imbibes in them through their digital platform.
On his part, the CEO of Black Secret and curator of the beauty online platform, Mr Bernard Annor said the local beauty industry is growing and therefore needs a digital platform to facilitate its growth.
According to him, he decided to come out with the Beauty online application that will offer a wide range of opportunities for players of the beauty industry.
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police arresting protesters without a warrant was unlawful – Inusah Fuseini
- Photos and videos: Protesters hit the street on day 3 of #OccupyJulorbiHouse demonstration
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- MMALABS signs MoU with Spintex Medical Center to boost quality healthcare
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment