Audio By Carbonatix
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will tour Nigeria next month following an invitation by the country's chief of defence staff, a military official has said.
"The visit is to consolidate Nigeria's stronghold at the [Invictus] game and the possibility of hosting the event [in] later years," defence spokesperson Tukur Gusau said in a statement on Sunday.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have a strong relationship with the West African country.
Last year, Nigeria debuted at Prince Harry's Invictus Games, winning gold and bronze medals and becoming the first African country to participate in the event.

The prince launched the Invictus Games, a sport event for military personnel wounded in action, in 2014.
When Nigeria participated in the event in Dusseldorf, Germany, last year, Nigeria's defence minister Mohammed Badaru Abubakar expressed interest in hosting the games, Brig Gen Gusau said.
The exact date for Harry and Meghan's visit is yet to be announced, but they will engage in various activities during the trip, including meeting military members and experiencing local cultural activities.
News of the visit has excited many in Nigeria, where Meghan has ancestral roots.
In 2022, the Duchess of Sussex said that genealogy tests had revealed she is 43% Nigerian.
"Nigeria welcomes our daughter!" one Nigerian said on X, formerly Twitter.
Harry and wife are yet to comment on the invitation.
Latest Stories
-
Man’s conviction quashed for 2018 murder in County Louth
2 minutes -
Homeless Ghanaian in Canada notorious for ‘shit-bombing’ re-arrested over alleged sexual assault
9 minutes -
Telecel Foundation bridges maternal health gap at Kasseh Health Centre in Ada
30 minutes -
McDan Group’s response to GACL’s “buyer beware” notice on disputed Spintex land
31 minutes -
Reforming NaSIA’s governance framework for enhanced autonomy & quality assurance
33 minutes -
Why Africa’s best-educated remain the west’s lowest-paid
52 minutes -
Encroachment around Kpeve treatment plant must cease for water production to continue – Stanley Martey
1 hour -
Health Ministry to introduce volunteer programme for over 6,000 unemployed health graduates
1 hour -
Sports Minister rejects claims delayed funds disrupted game organisation
1 hour -
Shift closed fishing season to May/June – Sankofa Project recommends
1 hour -
2023 All African Games: PAC questions GH¢35m expenditure without supporting documents
1 hour -
Sports Minister Kofi Adams rejects claims of poor feeding at African Athletics Championship
1 hour -
Toronto police arrest Ghanaian over two separate sexual assault incidents
2 hours -
Kpeve Water Plant shut down over soaring turbidity levels, encroachment – GWL
2 hours -
Kofi Adams dismisses claims Ghana supplied broken pole vault equipment at African Athletics Championships
2 hours