Audio By Carbonatix
Striker Bernard Dong Bortey says he is ready to return to the pitch after ending a Ghana Football Association one-year ban on Sunday.
The 29-year-old was banned last year after physically assaulting a centre referee during an MTN FA Cup game against Solomon last season.
His suspension ended last Sunday and he will play his first official match next Sunday when Aduana travel to Ebusua Dwarfs in the Ghana Premier League.
According to the former Hearts of Oak player who was also charged with inciting the Aduana supporters against the officials
“I have waited for my ban to come to an end. From day one since they banned me, I have been training with my team Aduana so my fitness level is okay,” Bortey told JOY Sports.
“I’m coming back to play active football”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
2 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
2 hours -
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
3 hours -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
3 hours -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
4 hours -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
4 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
4 hours -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
4 hours -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
4 hours -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
4 hours -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
4 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
4 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
5 hours