“But A Short Life”
“The righteous perishes, And no man takes it to heart, Merciful men are taken away, While no one considers That the righteous is taken away from evil. He shall enter into peace; They shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness.”
Our hearts are in pain, our eyes are soaked in tears and who can understand the cry in our hearts. Our cries cannot even give a true reflection of the disorganized state of our hearts and minds. But alas: the die is cast and who are we to challenge the doing and the timing of the SOVEREIGN LORD.
Born on the 8th day of October 1972 at Asadame in the Volta Region Elvis Koku Kwashie lived and today we gather to mourn his death, and to celebrate his life. He will not be remembered by the things we write and say here today, but by the things we hold in our hearts.
We would remember him for his wit, his humour, his quietness and his questions. Some would remember him for his unwavering principles of life, his selflessness and his dedication and commitment towards every path he chose. Some would remember him for his love for humanity and his belief in the saying that “THE BEAUTY OF LIFE IS NOT WHO YOU ARE BUT WHO OTHERS ARE BECAUSE OF YOU”.
Others would remember him for his distaste for unfaithful- ness. Others would remember him for his sharp analytical mind and those who argued with him, his ability at manoeuvring out of an almost lost battle. He was a friend, a brother and a father to a lot more people.
Early life and education
As the first child of Olympio Yao Bonuedie and Mercy Adzo Torkornu-Bonuedie, Koku exhibited excellent leadership and brilliance right from his early school days all through to when he gained admission to Bishop Herman Secondary School, Kpando in 1984 and completed in 1991 with excellent grades not forgetting his great love for football which earned him a spot in the school’s football team.
In 1995, Koku gained admission into the Ghana Institute of Journalism (GIJ) and graduated in 1997 with a Diploma Certificate in Journalism. Which was followed by a certificated Course in Public Relations, Advertising and Marketing from the same Institute in August 1997. In 1998, Koku participated in the BBC World Service Radio Journalism Course. In 2005, in Berlin Germany, he participated in the International Weiterbildung Capacity Building program in Multimedia and Online Journalism. A certificate of commendation was conferred on him from the MULTIMEDIA BROADCASTING COMPANY LTD as a member of the Winning Team (2006 BBC Africa Radio Awards – Local on-air campaign) in 2007.
He later participated in the “EXECUTIVE EDUCATION PROGRAM” and also “DEVELOPING AND LEADING HIGH-PERFORMANCE TEAM” in 2017 at the Columbia Business School in the USA. Koku was also given a Certificate of Achievement and Recognition from the “MILLION LEADER MANDATE” for his sterling leadership roles in ministerial affairs in 2014. Later in 2015 Koku gained Essential Skills in Oil and Gas at the Harvard College–HRDC-Boston USA.
That same year he also studied “International Business Communication Skills” at the MDT International College, London.
Koku as part of his adult working life had short stints with then Groove FM, through to Network Computer Services (NCS), Metropolitan Insurance Company and finally settled at the Multimedia Group Limited (MGL) where he rose steadily through the ranks to become General Manager- JOY Cluster until his demise. His professionalism remains a testament.
In spite of his tight schedule, Koku did not renege on his duties in the Kingdom of God. He was a committed, devoted, dedicated and selfless individual who gave all to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Koku was blessed with a Godly wife Cynthia in October 2002. The twenty (20) year union was again blessed with Seyram and Senam and Sedem, children he in turn trained in the ways of the lord.
December 28, 2021, will be a day this family will never forget… a day our maker called his servant Koku into eternal glory. During His short illness at the University of Ghana Medical Centre, Koku remained resolute and unwavering in the lord.
For us, it is not how long he lived, but the impact he made is all that matters.
Koku lived fully, loved fully and gave his all and will not be forgotten.
FOREVER, HIS MEMORIES WILL BE WITH US”
KOKU FARE THEE WELL TILL WE MEET AGAIN IN THE BOSOM OF FATHER ABRAHAM.
KOKU HEDE NYUIE AMEN
- Danadams Pharmaceuticals and CEO in court over alleged fraud and forgery
- Disregard statement declaring Friday, Sept 30 as a holiday – Oyibi Divisional Council
- GFA suspends 2022/23 Ghana Premier League over court injunction
- Man arrested for threatening to release nude videos of late brother’s wife
- ‘I’m extremely regretful’ – KiDi apologises for ‘inappropriate and unkind’ old tweets
- T Bills, short-term securities will not be affected by Ghana’s debt restructuring – US-based Associate Professor
- Land acquisition: Here is what you missed on Joy FM’s Super Morning Show
- Pastor jailed for life after planning coup and black genocide
- Every single day Akufo-Addo remains President, the country drifts into peril – Dr Amoako Baah
- We will still be a prime supplier of Mercedes-Benz services in Ghana – Silver Star
- West African leaders in Mali over detained Ivorians
- NCA, AG dragged to court over directives on SIM re-registration
- Adidas row: Morocco demands change to Algerian jersey design
- Linguistics Association of Ghana explores ways to make language socially relevant
- Ghana’s export to Burkina Faso increased to $276million in 2021
- Book containing late Prof Mills’ SONA christened “Atta Mills Speaks” launched
- Trevor Noah is leaving ‘The Daily Show’
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Banking sector crisis: State institutions must raise red flags at the right time – Alhassan Andani
- GRASAG rolls out Graduate Research Trust Fund
- British Airways flight A380 makes technical stop at KIA
- Ghana, Korea $8 million rice project kicks off in Assin North
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Chief Whip
- We are engaging ECG to fix anomaly with electricity purchase – PURC