The chairman of Ghana U17 team Fred Crentsil believes the performance of the Black Satellites at the just ended African youth tournament will motivate his side as they prepare for the African Junior Championship in Morocco.
The Black Satellites won silver after losing 5-4 on penalties to Egypt in the final after 1-1 draw after extra-time.
The Black Starlets are currently in Italy on a training tour to fine tune preparations.
Crentsil, who doubles as the vice president of the Ghana Football Association, says the Under 20 teams silver-winning feat will not put pressure on his side.
“I don’t think it put pressure on any of us rather it’s going to motivate us to ensure we get to the finals and at least succeed to bring the cup home,” Crentsil told Joy Sports.
“We have missed out on two tournaments and this is the time that we going in there to ensure we bring back the trophy.
“We have won it before and I believe with the support and prayers of Ghanaians we can go places.”
Ghana will face West African neighbours, Nigeria, Ivory Coast and Congo in Group B.
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- 9 Nigerians arrested for illegally entering Ghana after crossing Volta River
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- Former NSMQ contestant, Francis Tetteh reported dead
- 13 reasons behind Akuapem Poloo’s sentencing
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- Mahama must call sycophantic campaigners to order – Kunbuor
- Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
- NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
- Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Kasoa ritual killing: Court charges 2 teenage suspects with murder
China is world’s ‘biggest jailer of journalists’ – RSF
Zidane refuses to answer questions on Real Madrid’s European Super League decision
Arresting pedestrians who jaywalk across Tema motorway is not possible – MTTD Director
Florentino Perez laughs off UEFA threats to ban players
Daniel Mminele steps down as Absa Group Chief Executive
My mother’s affair was the best thing to happen to me
Stolen ring causes teenager’s finger to rot at Pantang
We’re running into a credibility problem – Kunbour on unanswered calls for NDC’s election 2020 collated figures
Chad President Idriss Deby dies ‘in clashes with rebels’
I support Achimota School rejecting Rastafarian students’ admission – Prof Adei
Takeover of Asda ‘could lead to higher petrol prices’ – Regulator
Armed robbers raid mobile money and electrical shop at Kasoa
Nuclear power sure path towards energy sufficiency and industrialization – ASEPA
Customers are at the heart of what we do – FBNBank MD