A 75-year old blind man, Kwame Frimpong and his two sons, Kwaku Duah, 38, and Kwaku Manu, 35, have appeared before the Nyinahin Magistrate court charged with causing damage.
They denied the offence and were each granted bail in the sum of GH¢2,000.00.
They are to re-appear on Tuesday, February 8.
Police Detective Inspector Osei Boadi told the court presided over by Mr Emmanuel Essah that the complainant, Mr Owusu Ansah, is a farmer at Jerusalem, near Sreso-Timpom in the Atwima-Mponua district.
About four years ago he bought a parcel of farm land at Asukye from one Madam Abena Bonn on which he planted cocoa and foodstuff. He also built a farm house on it.
The prosecution said Frimpong later claimed ownership of the said land and took the matter to court.
On December 17, last year, the court gave judgment in the accused favour.
The prosecution said 12 days after the ruling, he ordered his two sons to pull down the farm house and destroy all personal belongings of the complainant, which they did.
A report was therefore made to the police and they were arrested.
- Election 2020: It is absolutely preposterous to think NDC didn’t collate its results – Afriyie Ankrah
- Headmaster found hanging dead from a tree behind his house in Techiman
- ‘I find myself in a very enviable position’ – Hassan Tampuli on ministerial appointment
- 5 Ghanaians arrested in Dubai for smuggling weed; one jailed for 10 years
- Power providers can’t guarantee consistency with ‘dumsor’ timetable – Energy Analyst
- Rastafarian case: Achimota School fails to respond to suit, case adjourned to April 30
- Kumasi traders call on ECG to extend ‘dumsor’ timetable to Ashanti region
- Hyundai, KIA to establish assembly plants in Ghana in 2022
- There’s no scientific evidence that Free SHS led to success in WASSCE – Peter Anti
- Ghana School of Law to celebrate legacy of Okyeame Baffour Osei Akoto
2 sales personnel convicted for stealing
Armed illegal chainsaw operators frustrating forestry officers in Dormaa West District
Protect Ghana’s Covid-19 strides – GHS advises increased adherence to protocols
Court jails labourer 15 years for defilement
Eli Hini appointed as first CEO of MobileMoney Limited
Government procures 4 more pre-assembled P3 labs for Covid-19 testing – Dr Kuma-Aboagye
2020 Volta Regional Best Cocoa Farmer awardees finally receive prizes after Joy News report
Obour reacts to Mark Okraku Mantey’s deputy ministerial appointment
Senior U.S. commerce official discusses trade partnership with Ghanaian businesses
Some 33 immigrants from West Africa deported for using unapproved routes
Dam serving about 3900 residents of Yoggu dries up
Consultants who overprice road projects will be prosecuted – Roads Minister
Sekondi-Takoradi to have a dual carriage road
Fate of AirtelTigo must not be like most government parastatals – Sam George
African countries at risk of major measles outbreak over delayed vaccination exercise, WHO says