Raphael Dwamena will not be involved in Black Stars must-win double-header against Congo.
The in-form striker has withdrawn from the squad for 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers after his move to English Premier League hit the rocks.
The FC Zurich player has remained in Switzerland to undergoe further tests after a failed medical at Brighton Hove & Albion.
Dwamena wants to seek a second opinion on health status and so has decided to stay away.
A statement on the Ghana FA website read: Raphael Dwamena pulls out of Ghana squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Congo. He is undergoing further medical tests in Switzerland.''
In his absence, Red Star Belgrade striker Richmond Boakye Yiadom has been handed a late call-up to replace him.
Yiadom is a like-for-like replacement for Dwamena, considering his blistering form this term.
He scored seven goals in eight games in the Europa League qualifying round.
The 24-year old has been capped 24 times by senior national team with three goals.
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg
- World Bank releases additional $150m for Odaw Basin flood control
- Amedzorfe chief Okusie Akyem Foli V laid to rest
- GPL: ‘We are out’ – Paa Kwesi Fabin says Aduana cannot win title
- Virtual InfoSec builds Bank of Ghana’s state-of-the-art cybersecurity centre
- Yhaw Hero back with new song ‘Cold War’
- Today’s front pages: Monday, May 29, 2023
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: ECG’s revenue mobilisation drive: simply the best
- DreamChild Foundation poised for exciting HoodTalk Music Festival
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt