Boris Johnson has appointed a new chief of staff, Downing Street has announced.
Dan Rosenfield’s appointment follows a period of upheaval which saw the prime minister’s senior aides Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain resign.
Mr Rosenfield has previously worked as a Treasury civil servant under Labour chancellor Alistair Darling and his Tory successor George Osborne.
He will begin work at Downing Street on 7 December.
Boris Johnson appoints new chief of staff after Cummings exit https://t.co/UQ7DfVVDEX— FXNews24.co.uk (@DavidGr52957428) November 26, 2020
The current acting chief of staff Lord Udny-Lister will stay in the role until 1 January when Mr Rosenfield will take over.
Mr Rosenfield joins No 10 from Hakluyt, a strategic advisory firm.
He has also previously worked at Bank of America as a managing director and is chairman of the humanitarian agency World Jewish Relief.
The chief of staff role had originally been offered to Mr Cain, however some MPs and ministers objected to the appointment.
And following a power struggle inside No 10 both Mr Cain and his ally Mr Cummings stepped down from their roles.
- I was slapped, kicked in the groin by National Security officials – Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah recounts ordeal
- Citi FM journalist broke GJA code of ethics by filming at National Security premises – Affail Monney
- Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
- I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
- Eight home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
- #FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
- Citi FM journalist committed no crime in filming at National Security premises – Samson Anyenini
- Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Mother shares experience
- Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
- Manner of Citi FM journalists’ arrest worrying – Sulemana Braimah
Academic City holds Diversity Day to deepen understanding of African Culture
German-based Muslim group supports Nsawam-Adoagyiri Zongo communities
IDeL-UEW to establish study centres in some West African Countries
Akufo-Addo and his NPP government are reducing Ghana to a police state – Haruna Iddrisu
Children with hole in heart need help – Surgeon
Kpone Zonal Councils intensify fight against poor sanitation
Social media users react to DSP Azugu’s alleged role in Citi FM journalist’s assault
Court adjourns Assin North MP’s case over hearing of applications
Pregnant woman, 2 others feared dead in Tamale-Buipe Highway accident
Ghana ranked 9th in SSA with highest value of energy infrastructure project – Report
UK funds cyber capacity building in Ghana
CSIR wants recognition for research works
Femi Kuti speaks after father, Fela, missed out on 2021 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction
The neglected woman with a neglected disease
GPL wrap – Medeama and Bechem United lose at home for the first time as Hearts close gap at top