Audio By Carbonatix
The Chinese Embassy in Ghana has introduced new measures for visa application to China in the wake of the coronavirus virus outbreak.
During a press briefing Sunday, the Chinese Ambassador, Shi Ting Wang explained that the new set of rules is to quickly detect applicants who exhibit symptoms of the virus and get them the required medical attention.
The measures include applicants being tested for high temperature and using hand sanitizers even before filling the application forms.
“Anybody who comes to apply for a visa to China will be checked of high temperature, should it exceed 37.3â—¦C the person will be advised to seek medical attention,” he said.
The Ambassador also said the Chinese government will not ignore any Ghanaian in Wuhan or any of the Chinese cities who show symptoms of the deadly virus but ensure the person receives the required medical care.
Mr Shi Ting Wang further commended the Foreign Ministry and Ghana government for their support in fighting the new epidemic.
So far, 304 people in China were confirmed dead in the 24 hours to the end of February 1, due to the virus whereas thousands more have been confirmed infected, bringing that total to 14,380 people.
A small proportion of cases around 100 occurred outside China. The UK, US, Russia and Germany have all confirmed cases in recent days, Ghana and other African countries are yet to report a case.
Meanwhile, the Health Ministry has directed that all non-essential travels to China be avoided or delayed.
Latest Stories
-
Telecel Foundation bridges maternal health gap at Kasseh Health Centre in Ada
4 minutes -
Public Commentary on Pending Litigation: Questions arise over GACL’s “buyer beware” notice and its implications
5 minutes -
Reforming NaSIA’s governance framework for enhanced autonomy & quality assurance
8 minutes -
Why Africa’s best-educated remain the west’s lowest-paid
27 minutes -
Encroachment around Kpeve treatment plant must cease for water production to continue – Stanley Martey
37 minutes -
Health Ministry to introduce volunteer programme for over 6,000 unemployed health graduates
43 minutes -
Sports Minister rejects claims delayed funds disrupted game organisation
44 minutes -
Shift closed fishing season to May/June – Sankofa Project recommends
48 minutes -
2023 All African Games: PAC questions GH¢35m expenditure without supporting documents
49 minutes -
Sports Minister Kofi Adams rejects claims of poor feeding at African Athletics Championship
59 minutes -
Toronto police arrest Ghanaian over two separate sexual assault incidents
1 hour -
Kpeve Water Plant shut down over soaring turbidity levels, encroachment – GWL
1 hour -
Kofi Adams dismisses claims Ghana supplied broken pole vault equipment at African Athletics Championships
1 hour -
TikToker charged for alleged false claim of finding blade in sachet water
1 hour -
Working Ghanaians show signs of financial recovery, but long‑term vulnerability persists – Old Mutual Financial Wellness Monitor
2 hours