On Monday afternoon, Finance Minister presented to parliament the 2022 Mid-Year Budget that was initially postponed.
Ken Ofori-Atta presented earnestly the decisions government was taking to improve livelihood and gave updates on what the government is doing to revive the economy.
He also provided updates on programmes like NABCo, YouStart, Agenda 111 and many others.
Despite all this, seem to have been waiting for “the original mid-year budget”, a satirical piece performed by comedian SDK.
He satirically took shots at government’s stance on Ghana Beyond Aid amid the decision to opt for an IMF bailout and the reintroduction of road tolls on new roads constructed under fresh concession agreements between the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund (GIIF) and the Roads and Highways Ministry.
Some fans could not stop laughing after watching the two-minute forty-seconds clip.
See some reactions below:
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Social media users impressed with Black Sherif’s ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Government using IMF as smokescreen to force its ‘austerity budget’ on Ghanaians – Martin Amidu
- Arrest all 3 men – Sonnie Badu tells police after man flogging toddler goes viral
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- Ghana’s gross reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in September 2022
- ICU-Ghana demands immediate cessation of incessant exploitation of labour
- Fistfight breaks out over control of Kenya parliament
- Today’s front pages: Friday, October 7, 2022
- Ghana’s debt stock up ¢9bn to ¢402.4bn in July 2022 – BoG
- ‘ECG has not agreed to any percentages with Hubtel’ – ECG MD
- Court orders CID Boss to provide safety report on alleged bride killers
- There is too much uncertainty in the business environment – Twum Akwaboah
- Deputy Energy Minister, Amin Adam, appointed Board Chairman of New Producers Group
- Increasing monetary policy rate will not reduce inflation – Badu Aboagye
- Austerity is bad for economic growth – Prof. Charles Ackah
- The Central Bank’s policy a measure in the wrong direction – Prof. Charles Ackah
- Akosua Agyapong eulogises mom
- ‘Horrible and terrible’ – German Ambassador on illegal mining
- My vehicle was set ablaze on Samatex premises – Wontumi alleges