A couple who fulfilled a life-long dream of visiting every U.S. state were both killed after being hit by a minivan on the final leg of their trip.
Keith and Doreen Rodgers had just finished their 50-state quest by visiting Indiana, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Ohio.
The couple, who are reportedly English, were about to return to their home in Manchester, Connecticut, when they were hit by a minivan while crossing a road in Liberty Township.
Police say 73-year-old Keith Rodgers died at the scene and 71-year-old Doreen Rodgers died later at St. Elizabeth’s Health Center.
The Journal Inquirer quoted Ohio State Patrol as saying that the driver who hit the pair was Sandra Scott, 64, from Vienna, Ohio.
A manager at a nearby fast food restaurant said he heard the crash while working at the drive-thru and tried to resuscitate the pair.
Mr and Mrs Rodgers were hit at 5.40pm on Saturday just north of Youngstown in Liberty Township.
Source: Daily mail
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- Declare state of emergency in mining areas – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- Kwasi Kwarteng’s U-turn won’t be forgotten
- Create a budget to fight cyber crime – Cyber Security Authority to businesses
- GCB Bank vows to offer competitive and affordable credit to customers
- Residents of Asamang-Tamfoe protest attacks by Okyeman Environmental Task Force
- GGBL’s Johnnie Walker headlines 2022 Emy Awards
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- GSE is worst performing stock market in Africa; suffers from cedi depreciation
- 18 maternal mothers detained at the Eastern Regional Hospital rescued by Kabaka Foundation
- Torrential rains likely to cut-off Sunyani-Techiman highway
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan