Audio By Carbonatix
Beijing 2022 have released a promotional video entitled "Beijing Come On!" which features high-profile celebrities supporting the Chinese capital's bid to host the Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games.
The short video boasts a host of stellar names, including former Manchester United and Real Madrid footballer David Beckham, who appears alongside Chinese basketball star Yao Ming and double Olympic snowboarding champion Shaun White, all of whom are backing Beijing's bid.
America's White, a multiple X-Games gold medallist, is one of the most well-recognised names in Winter sport, while Beckham played a leading role in helping London secure the right to stage the 2012 Summer Olympic Games.
Also featured in the clip is triple Olympic short track speed skating champion Zhou Yang, as well as Zhang Hong and Yang Yang, who have both topped the podium at Winter Olympic Games in speed skating.
The video, released after the International Olympic Committee's (IOC) Evaluation Commission inspection visit last month, incorporates clips sent to the Organising Committee by Chinese residents in support of the bid, in which they are shown taking part in Winter Olympic sports and other outdoor activities in Beijing and Zhangjiakou.
Residents were asked to tag Beijing 2022 in their attempts to be included in the video on social media or to send their videos directly to the Organising Committee, who then selected the best entries.
Beijing and Kazakh city Almaty are the only two candidates vying to stage the 2022 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games, and the IOC due to elect the winning host at the 127th IOC Session in Kuala Lumpur on July 31.
Beijing are basing a high emphasis on using existing facilities after they successfully hosted the 2008 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.
As many as five Beijing 2008 venues are set to be utilised with Opening and Closing Ceremonies being held in the Bird's Nest Stadium.
Beijing 2022 also claim they are hoping to capitalise on their experience of hosting major international sporting events and they aim to present an athlete-centred bid which has the support of the Chinese Government, local residents and businesses.
-
Latest Stories
-
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
7 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
9 minutes -
Uganda confirms 3 new Ebola cases, bringing total to 5
9 minutes -
Senegal president sacks PM Sonko, dissolves government after months of friction
11 minutes -
Security recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
14 minutes -
Mahama rules out IMF ‘kenkey and waakye parties’, takes swipe at erstwhile Akufo-Addo gov’t
16 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana’s economy still needs major reforms despite IMF progress
18 minutes -
Ghana Card is a critical national asset – Interior Minister
44 minutes -
Northern Regional police arrest 24 suspects, retrieve suspected Indian hemp and Tramadol
1 hour -
Speaker urges Commonwealth unity for global stability and security
1 hour -
From GH¢155 billion a year to GH¢500 billion a month! The amazing story of how interoperability in 2018 has driven Ghana’s mobile Money Growth
1 hour -
Ghana Card is gateway to national services – Interior Minister as NIA marks 20 years in operation
1 hour -
Torrential rain submerges 50 houses in Cape Coast
2 hours -
OLAG crowned winners of ACE Spoken Word Contest
2 hours -
Medical and Dental Council worried over growing misconduct complaints against health professionals
2 hours