Audio By Carbonatix
Drake has publicly called for Tory Lanez’s freedom following his fellow Canadian’s August 2023 sentencing to 10 years in the Megan Thee Stallion shooting case.
As Sunday turned to Monday, Drake shared a series of updates to his Instagram Stories, including a photo of Lanez captioned, “3 you.”
In December 2022, Lanez was found guilty on all three charges in connection with the 2020 Hollywood Hills shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. In a statement at the time, Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón praised Megan's "bravery" throughout the highly publicized case.

"You showed incredible courage and vulnerability with your testimony despite repeated and grotesque attacks that you did not deserve," Gascón said. "You faced unjust and despicable scrutiny that no woman should ever face and you have been an inspiration to others across LA County and the nation."
Lanez was convicted of assault with an automatic firearm, carrying an unregistered loaded firearm in a vehicle, and discharge of a firearm with gross negligence. Just under a year later, he received a 10-year sentence.
"Over the past three years, [Lanez] has engaged in a pattern of conduct that was intended to intimidate [Megan] and silence her truths from being heard,” Gascón said in a statement issued after the August 2023 sentencing.
Drake, meanwhile, has faced criticism in the past in connection with the case. Last year, the "Summer Games" sequel denier hit like on Lanez's IG-shared statement following his sentencing. The 6 god also made headlines over speculation about lyrics in his "Circo Loco" track. More recently, Megan's "HISS" track spurred its own speculation, with fans interpreting some choice lines as a reference to Drake.
As for Drake and Tory, the two were decidedly at odds earlier into their respective careers. By 2017, however, they had made amends.
Latest Stories
-
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
2 minutes -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
7 minutes -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
13 minutes -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
1 hour -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
2 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
2 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
2 hours -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
3 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
3 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
4 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
4 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
4 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
4 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
4 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
5 hours