The Ghanaian economy will expand by 2.8% in 2023, Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, has announced.
This is part of government’s macroeconomic targets for next year.
This will mean aggregate demand and supply will be moderate during the fiscal year.
Non-oil real Gross Domestic Product growth rate will however grow at a rate of 3% in 2023.
Mr. Ofori-Atta also said government is taking active steps to address the impact of the economic shocks on Ghanaians through the seven-point agenda to restore macro-economic stability and accelerate the economic transformation as articulated in the Post-COVID-19 Programme for Economic Growth.
Economy expands by 4.8% in quarter 2, 2022
Ghana’s economy expanded by 4.8% in the second quarter of this year, higher than the 3.4% recorded in the first quarter, data from the Ghana Statistical Services has revealed.
The appreciable growth rate was driven by Manufacturing (8.8%), Crops and Cocoa (4.5%), Mining and Quarrying (4.4%), Information and Communication (12.4%) as well as the Education (13.2%) sub-sectors.
For the sectors, the Services sector (5.2%) expanded more than the national average. It was followed by Agriculture (4.6%) and Services (4.4%).
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- Dashboard: Mobile money transactions in Ghana
- Financial Stability Council pledges to closely monitor impacts of Debt Exchange Programme; ¢15bn fund to be set up
- Mahama appeals for ¢10 to support NDC congress
- 796 flee Burkina Faso to Sissala West communities for fear of attack
- We only approved policy principle of 2023 Budget; not the taxes – Minority
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- NPA to seek cabinet support to remove taxes on LPG
- Claims that female babies develop speech faster than males is a myth – Language Therapist
- Consensus key to sustainability of the debt exchange programme – ISSER to government
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Mozambique ex-president’s son, others jailed for 12 years for corruption
- GWCL to cut water supply to parts of Accra
- Philip Afeti Korto: Grey hair, a sign of wisdom or ageing?
- Busy Signal to perform at Stonebwoy’s Bhim Concert in Ghana
- Government plan to cut interest costs gets pushback from local funds