Audio By Carbonatix
Rio Ferdinand has criticised Mario Balotelli for taunting Manchester United fans after Saturday's FA Cup semi-final at Wembley.
United defender Ferdinand has also apologised after having to be separated from City striker Balotelli following a flare-up after City's 1-0 win.
"If you score a goal and give a bit to opposing fans I kind of accept that," said Ferdinand through Twitter.
"But at the final whistle, go to your fans and enjoy it, not opposing fans."
Balotelli is believed to have thrust the badge on his shirt in the direction of opposition supporters, while also winking sarcastically at centre-back Ferdinand as the players left the field.
An incensed Ferdinand had to be held back as he made a beeline for Balotelli, before the Red Devils player was hauled away.
Ferdinand added: "If I offended anyone, I apologise, emotions obviously running high."
City won courtesy of a Yaya Toure goal and will move on to the final on Saturday, 14 May.
United's hopes of winning the Treble were ended by the defeat but Ferdinand urged his team-mates to bounce back and continue their assault on the Premier League title and Champions League glory.
"Disappointed we didn't get the win we were looking for," he said. "Now let's go and win some silverware."
Ferdinand had made a 200 mile dash to Cheshire at 0200 BST on the night before the game to be at his wife's side for the birth of his first daughter.
He made it back to play in the semi-final and said: "We had a baby girl named Tia Ferdinand!
"[I] want to thank the ambulance service and all the Wythenshawe Hospital staff for helping my baby arrive safely."
Source: BBC
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
‘I’m sick and tired of this country’ – Ghanaians in South Africa pour out frustrations at meeting with Foreign Affairs Minister
11 minutes -
‘Mum’s dementia means I live in the moment with her’
20 minutes -
Energy Commission champions Clean Energy Transition
33 minutes -
International Day of the Boy Child marked in Accra
49 minutes -
BoG losses will not recur at last year’s scale — Governor Asiama assures
1 hour -
Without trust, digital finance is just technology – BoG Governor
1 hour -
Mental disorders increase by 95.5% globally since 1990 – Study
1 hour -
See the areas that will be affected by ECG’s planned maintenance on May 25
1 hour -
Fire destroys six-bedroom house in Koforidua
3 hours -
Government deploys armoured buses disguised as VIP, STC and OA coaches to fight highway robberies
3 hours -
GES director raises alarm over 300 teacher deficits in the Asutifi North District
3 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Nii Ayetey Tagoe wins bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
FHU alumnus launches medical textbook
5 hours -
Ghana’s Isaac Obeng clinches bronze at Oran World Para Powerlifting 2026
5 hours -
Rescuers search for more than 20 trapped after Philippines building collapse
5 hours