Audio By Carbonatix
Fabio Capello has played down reports that he has been approached to take over from Rafael Benitez at Chelsea. The Italian manager is currently in charge of the Russian national side.
With Benitez set to leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the current season, Capello has been linked with a short-term deal with Premiership club. However, the former England boss denied he had been in talks with owner Roman Abramovich.
He told Radio Anch’io Sport: “No offer has arrived from Abramovich, none of it is true. I’m happy in Russia.”
Capello resigned as England manager in February and accepted the Russia job following Euro 2012. He has guided his new team to four wins from four games in qualification for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
Meanwhile, Benitez is concentrating on Thursday’s Europa League clash at Steaua Bucharest, and the upcoming FA Cup quarter-final at Manchester United:
“One game at a time,” he said. “We have to go to Bucharest before we can concentrate on (the United) game.
“Both games are important, but one is just one game and one is two legs.”
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Education Minister engages university administrators over ongoing strike
2 hours -
Technological convergence, disruptive innovation and the future of youth education in Ghana
2 hours -
When the sirens become a national anthem: confronting Ghana’s road accident crisis
3 hours -
Aksa bribery scandal exposes deeper failures in Ghana’s procurement system – Manhyia South MP
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: KNUST, St. Louis strike gold as quarter-finals dreams come alive
3 hours -
Banks’ pre-tax profit jumps 40% to GH¢23bn
3 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: Anticipation builds as schools battle for supremacy in Round of 16
4 hours -
Banking sector deposits jump 25% to GH¢334.3bn in 2025 — PwC
4 hours -
Hostel Owners Association bares teeth over legality of rent control campaign against exorbitant fees
4 hours -
GCB overtakes Ecobank as Ghana’s largest deposit-taking bank
4 hours -
Young Cocoa Farmers petition Mahama over funding, producer price and start date for new cocoa season
4 hours -
Ruha Benjamin challenges Africa to shape its own AI future
5 hours -
Trump threatens to bomb US ally Oman if it ‘gets in the way’ over Iran deal
5 hours -
FIFA sacks senior executive who criticised Infantino, Sky News understands
5 hours -
Aksa saga: Don’t turn EOCO-OSP roles into turf war – Deputy AG
5 hours