Barcelona eased some pressure on absent manager Ronald Koeman with a comfortable La Liga victory over winless Levante at the Nou Camp.
Memphis Depay’s sixth-minute penalty gave Barcelona the lead after the Dutch forward was fouled by Nemanja Radoja.
Compatriot Luuk de Jong then raced on to Sergino Dest’s pass to score his first goal since joining on a season-long loan from Sevilla.
Substitute Ansu Fati hit the third on his return from a long-term injury.
Barcelona climb to fifth in La Liga and are five points behind leaders Real Madrid with a game in hand. Real were held by Villarreal on Saturday.
The pressure had been growing on manager Koeman after two wins from five La Liga matches this season had left them well adrift of the early pacesetters.
And although Koeman was absent from the dugout on Sunday, having been dismissed for dissent in Thursday’s goalless draw with Cadiz, his players had little trouble in putting an end to a three-game winless run in all competitions.
Levante failed to register a shot until the 81st minute, while Depay was thwarted by several good saves from Aitor Fernandez.
A return and goal for 18-year-old Fati – wearing Lionel Messi’s number 10 shirt on his first appearance since November 2020 after undergoing knee surgery – completed a fine success.
- NSMQ 2021: When Prof Kaufmann was left speechless by Ketasco’s Bright Senyo
- As it happened: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Ketasco and Prempeh College battled for trophy
- Parliament rejects 2022 budget
- Playback: NSMQ 2021 – Presec, Prempeh and Ketasco battle for trophy and glory
- NSMQ 2021: And God rested on the ‘Seven’ day to ‘Glory5’ Prempeh College
- Speaker suspends sitting over Majority Caucus’ absence in the chamber
- You lament over 1.75% levy, but not paying taxes – Ofori-Atta to 60,000 professionals, others
- Police publish list of 5 wanted vehicles for flouting road regulations
- Friends of missing Lands Commission staff besiege Asokwa District Court ahead of hearing
- NSMQ2021: Social media reacts to Prempeh catapulting decapitated Presec back to Accra
Mahama hands over renovated boys dormitory block to Ghanasco
Dela Sedode: Christ Me! Bagbin
FDA retrieves 270 cartons of expired Charme Sparkling juice
‘Killer budget isn’t coming back; we’re burying it for good’ – Ablakwa
Ministry of Lands PRO wins overall best PR officer of the year award
Join NDC’s presidential race if you are interested in being number 1 – John Boadu to Alban Bagbin
Livestream: Newsfile discusses 2022 budget and energy sector debt
2022 budget is a complete break away from the politics of borrowing – Buaben Asamoa
Cargill commissions $13m cocoa processing plant expansion in Tema
NPP will not shy away from unpopular decisions – John Boadu
Speaker’s ruling on 2022 budget has no binding effect on Parliament – Majority Leader
The last time a national budget was rejected in Ghana
Majority stages walkout over approval of 2022 budget
We’ll not tolerate any disrespect from Speaker – Majority Leader after walkout
‘Parliament hasn’t constitutionally rejected our budget’ – K.T Hammond