Audio By Carbonatix
Former Roads and Highways Minister, Inusah Fuseini, has accused the current administration of peddling falsehood over claims funds earmarked for the rehabilitation of the country’s roads have been used up by the John Mahama-led administration.
Mr Fuseini says allegations that the Mahama administration used the road fund as a collateral for a GH¢1.5 billion UBA loan, thereby making the current administration unable to access the fund, is needless propaganda.
According to him, the National Democratic Congress (NDC) government left as much as GH¢600 million in the road fund as of January 7, 2017.
“Firstly, it is wrong and untrue to say the Road Fund procured a 1.5 billion cedis loan from UBA it was 1.2 billion Ghana cedis. Parliament gave approval for us to securitize up to 1.5 billion Ghana cedis but Road Fund took 1.2,” he said, insisting that due process was followed.
“We left 600 million Ghana cedis in the Fund at the time we were leaving government,” he said on Newsnite on Joy FM, Tuesday.
Current Deputy Minister of Roads and Highways, Anthony Karbo had said that the amount of money available for the Ministry in the Road Fund to undertake projects in the sector had significantly reduced.
Mr Karbo had been trying to explain why road rehabilitation had stalled.
Meanwhile, the key road infrastructure remains deplorable.
Related:Hot Audio: Bad roads: Gov’t collateralised Road Fund for GHÈ»1.5bn loan

Photos: Deadly potholes on Accra-Tema motorway
Latest Stories
-
Adu-Boahene trial put on hold pending Supreme Court decision on legal vacation
3 minutes -
Toxic exposure from galamsey puts elderly at greater risk of kidney damage — Public health expert
27 minutes -
Big talk, small receipts: the politics of promises and policy
28 minutes -
Mahama says Ghana will reduce 70% medicine import dependence under five-year plan
31 minutes -
Study reveals high rate of uropathogens among Ghanaian elderly
33 minutes -
Christabel wins first Star Chef title as Big Chef Season 5 begins
33 minutes -
Tanker drivers begin three-day strike over alleged fuel measurement inaccuracies at BOST Kumasi
35 minutes -
Trump says US to reduce military drills with South Korea after it stayed out of Iran war
36 minutes -
Greater Manchester NDC UK branch elects new executives
37 minutes -
Ghana’s anti-corruption fight has stagnated— Transparency International
42 minutes -
UMB, ORC partner to make business registration easier for entrepreneurs
45 minutes -
Cedi is ‘long overdue for a refresh’ – Mahama
48 minutes -
GenCED urges NPP to extend 50% nomination fee reduction to women, youth and PWDs
52 minutes -
The source of cedi appreciation matters more than the appreciation itself
60 minutes -
Ashanti cocoa farmers welcome new COCOBOD Bill, back key reforms
1 hour