The Gbi Traditional Area in the Hohoe Municipality of the Volta Region has announced the demise of its Paramount Queen Mamaga Dewotornyo I.
The Traditional Council has, therefore, decreed a four-day ban on noise making between June 1, and June 4, to mourn the deceased’s departure and end of her 50-years reign.
The Chief of Gbi Atabu, Togbe Adzofowusu who made the announcement in Hohoe, entreated residents and indigenes across the world to obey the decree and fully participate in mourning Her Royal Highness.
He described the deceased as a vibrant lady who took keen interest in the human capital and social development of the municipality.
“Mamaga Dewotornyo I during her 50 years reign was able to initiate a lot of projects to enhance the image of Queen-mothers in the municipality”, he said.
He indicated her significant role in the establishment of the Hohoe Municipal Council of Queen-mothers which she headed as the President until her painful exit in early 2019, after she took ill.
He announced that the burial ceremony for Mama Dewotornyo would be held between Thursday 15th July 2021 and Monday 19th July 2021.
Wake Keeping: Thursday, 15th – Friday, 16thJuly 2021.
Lying in state: Friday, 16th – Saturday, 17th July 2021 at Gbi Traditional Council premises.
Burial Service: Saturday, 17th July 2021 at Gbi Traditional Council premises.
Interment: Private burial
Final funeral rites: Saturday, 17th – Monday 19 July 2021.
Thanksgiving service: Sunday, 18th July 2021 at Rev Seeger Memorial E.P Church, Hohoe.
Mamaga Dewotornyo I was born on 20th September 1940 to Mrs. Afua Christina Dzandu-Safo and Mr. Daniel Yao Dzandu. She was well a Queen Mother of of the Torkorni Royal Clan.
A book of condolence has been opened to the general public.
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
Western Region Forestry Commission announces ‘closed season’ for hunting
Many cocoa farmers can’t afford new farming techniques – Research
Policewoman stabbed to death at Damongo
‘Be creative and innovative as you enter the job market’ – Bono East Minister to NSS personnel
Tokyo 2020: Youth and Sports Minister announces package for Team Ghana
EduSpots to distribute 28,000 books across 40 communities in 15 regions
Tema to host Masquerade Carnival in December
Investigate vandalism at Bogoso Prestea Mines – Wassa East MP
Bill and Melinda Gates finalize their divorce
2021 Census: 99% of households counted, exercise ends August 8
Sunyani Traditional Council enstools Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II as Paramount Queen-mother
Election-related expenditure reason for high debt, not Covid-19 – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
Shirley Frimpong-Manso tells the Ghanaian love story with her first telenovela, Dede
Filing an appeal isn’t stay of execution, you can’t hold yourself as MP – Nana Boakye tells Gyaakye Quayson
Tokyo 2020: Three things that will motivate Takyi for gold