Inter starlet Mario Balotelli is a young man who knows what he wants, insisting next year’s World Cup in South Africa is among his top priorities for next season, although he is not sure who he will play for in the competition.
The 18-year-old was born in the peninsula to Ghanaian parents and has already been capped ten times by Italy Under-21s, but the Ghanaian Football Association has repeatedly urged him to play for the Black Stars at senior level.
“I shouldn’t talk about it because I have my own ideas and if I say what I think, I’ll end up causing a mess,” Balotelli confessed to the Corriere dello Sport.
“I first want to discuss it with my parents, who are an important reference point to me. Ghana? I have yet to make up my mind and, like everyone else, I am awaiting a call from [Italy boss Marcello] Lippi.
“If I don’t get one, I will have to carefully ponder it.”
Balotelli has often stated that he feels 100 per cent Italian, so would he be able to wear the Ghanaian colours?
“As a matter of fact, I don’t know if I would manage to do it,” he explained.
“As I said, I would have to think hard. It’s also a matter of pride because Italy is my country and it would be difficult to change. I am usually pessimistic, but I’m sure everything will turn out fine in the end.”
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
Landlords who demand over 6 months rent advance from tenants could be jailed – Rent Control
2021 global food policy report: Rebuilding food systems after Covid-19
Dr Theresa Mannah-Blankson and Haruna Alhassan: Ghana’s post-pandemic Eurobond ‘success’
eTranzact secures Enhanced PSP license from BoG
Man remanded for defiling 3-year-old girl
Linda Dor stopover becomes hell for passengers as thieves raid VIP bus
Government interest costs on domestic borrowings fall again; T-Bills target also drops 6.6%
National Peace Council commends GAF for ensuring peace during elections 2020
Set aside 90-day jail term and fine me – Poloo to High Court
GNFS begins investigations into fire outbreak at Kumasi Central Market
Ablekuma South has created an enabling environment for business growth – Dr Vanderpuije
Thousands of people evacuated as wildfires spread across Table Mountain in Cape Town
1 dead, others missing after Santoor flood
Nigerian jailbreakers re-arrested in Ghana after crossing Volta River
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region