Minister-designate of Youth and Sports Elvis Afriyie Ankrah says he has no intention of interfering in the work of the Ghana Football Association (GFA).
According to Mr Afriyie Ankrah, he would rather work with the GFA towards achieving its goals and objectives inside and outside the country.
The minister-designate made this statement on Friday during his vetting before the Appointments Committee at the Parliament House in Accra.
He explained that, “the Government pumps money into football and Ghanaians deserve better. It’s a legitimate concern and I believe there must be engagements with the various football authorities.”
“I have no intention of interfering [in] the activities of the Ghana Football Association but as I’m representing the government, I would use whatever influence I have to bring to bear all the stakeholders to work towards achieving a common goal,” he pledged.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- BoG dollar auction: Demand outstrips supply by $72.2m as $1 hits ¢10.92
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- IMF won’t lend to Ghana if debt levels are unsustainable – Theo Acheampong
- ‘Forget about votes; call Chairman Wontumi to account’ – Martin Kpebu to Akufo-Addo
- MP has been a challenge in fight against ‘galamsey’ in my district – Ellembelle DCE
- 2 women in court over alleged assault on Besease M/A JHS teacher
- Alberta Mortty: I love my breast; I love my life more
- Assistant headmaster of Mpatasie D/A dies in ‘galamsey’ pit
- 36 arrested in Ejisu for alleged network marketing scamming
- Akufo-Addo’s fight against illegal mining is a complete ‘419’ – Sammy Gyamfi
- #NoToGalamsey: Failure to deal with ‘galamsey’ could lead to street terrorism – Prof. Gatsi
- AngloGold Ashanti pleased with community support to ward off illegal miners from Obuasi concession
- Nigerian singer Teni gifts SHS teacher a car
- Prosecute Chairman Wontumi, Charles Bissue, others neck-deep in galamsey – NDC to Akufo-Addo
- Cities and Habitats, Ecobank launch ‘Rent to Own Boafo) home ownership package
- A-G advises Interior Ministry to compensate Ejura shooting victims
- GEPA optimistic of achieving 2029 NTES revenue target of $25.3bn
- Two health institutions in UK award £10 million to fight non-communicable diseases in West Africa
- Parliament warns Herald Editor to cease exposés on controversial GNPC/Genser Energy contract