Medeama defender, Paul Aidoo, has stated emphatically he is the best defender in the ongoing Ghana Premier League.
Aidoo, who joined the club two seasons ago, was named captain of the Tarkwa side at the beginning of the season following his selfless service to the Club.
He played a crucial role in leading the Mauves and Yellows CAF Confederations Cup campaign helping them reach the group stage of the competition and has continued with such impressive form this season scoring 4 goals this season.
Despite playing in the league with talented defenders such as Ahmed Adams, Vincent Atinga, Musah Nuhu and Samuel Sarfo, the dreadlocked defender believes he is the best.
“I can tell you that I’m the best defender, I see myself as the best based on my performance this season and the previous seasons”, he told Asempasports.
“There was a time my team was playing the local league and Africa at the same time, I featured eleven times and was voted man of the match four times.”
“I have also been voted man of the match a couple of times in the local league and I have won the Most Valuable Player (MVP) award this season.”
“I have seen it all as a defender.”
The versatile player wants to be remembered in the history books as one of the best defenders to play in the Ghana league. He previously played for Berekum Chelsea.
- You dare not close down schools – Mahama tells Education Minister
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Goats ate seedlings planted under Green Ghana project because they were not protected – Environmentalist
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- Ghana has no system to register Mohammedan marriages – Dwomoh
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Economic crisis: Ghanaians want relief not flimsy excuses – Asiedu Nketiah tells Akufo-Addo
- Reduce all ex-gratia payments to one-third – CAC Chairman
- Corruption has defeated your family and friends government – Asiedu Nketiah tells Akufo-Addo
- Ada boat disaster: Owner arrested for overloading boat – NADMO
- Appiatse support fund bags GHC62million
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- Akufo-Addo’s promises have turned out to be scam – Asiedu Nketia
- French Embassy celebrates Francophonie week with a walk in Accra
- It is difficult to point out where the 20 million trees planted under Green Ghana are – Terungwa
- Shatta Wale, Stonebwoy to feature on Morgan Heritage’s ‘The Homeland’
- ‘Africa can offer support to the ICC’ says Dame at Justice Ministers’ Conference in London
- Pregnant woman fills potholes on Obuasi road
- Tonto steps down, Funke Akindele loses, Desmond Elliot wins – 7 celebrities in Nigeria’s 2023 election
- Rupert Murdoch set to marry for fifth time at 92