Veteran dancer Adjetey Sowah says education did not mean much to him when he was growing up.
According to him, he used to skip school on numerous occasions because he was making money while dancing.
“I regret that,” the celebrated dancing champion told JoyNews’ Noella Kharyne Yalley in an interview.
Mr Sowah revealed that he had walked out of an exam hall because he failed to study adding that his attention was on a program he had been booked to perform at.
Born in Accra, Adjetey Sowah sharpened his dancing skills in class six when he was appointed as the leader of the school’s traditional cultural dance troop.
He later won the National Dancing championship in the 1980’s and later travelled to the United Kingdom to win the World Dancing Championship in 1986.
He said his focus, as a young artist earning money from his craft, was to make as much money as possible.
“I was making money from dancing since 1984, so, I was thinking it will be all about money in the future,” Mr Sowah added.
Mr Sowah said he did not see why he should pursue his education when he already generating income.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor
Over 90% of ‘rotten’ vehicles at National Security premises distributed – Former MASLOC boss
Muslims urged to support in raising funds for the vulnerable
Nsawam Adoagyiri MP donates 10 Pulse Oximeters to Nsawam government hospital
I will resign from Parliament if anyone proves that I promised to fix any road – Sam George
Ajax melt down Dutch title trophy to make 42,000 stars to give to fans
Virgil van Dijk rules himself out of Euro 2020
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 24
Inflation returns to single digit of 8.5% in April 2021
Nursing aide gets 7 life terms for killing 7 elderly VA patients with insulin
Ghana to host African Swimming and Open Water championships
Chief breaks ground for multipurpose Nkawkaw Palace
Double whammy for Ghana in Old Mutual Amazing Voices
RTI Law is to empower citizens and to fight corruption – RTI Coalition
Mental disorder after childbirth is real – Victim recounts