Kotoko striker Franck Mbella Etouga, is eyeing this weekend’s Super Clash fixture versus rivals and Premier League champions, Hearts of Oak.
Kotoko lost out on being crowned league champions last season after a 1-0 defeat to Hearts in the final super clash of the league season and despite already being 12 points ahead, the Porcupines can make a huge statement with a win over the Phobians this weekend.
Kotoko have sometimes been unstoppable this season, winning 11 of their 16 league games and there is a real sense amongst fans that they can grab a 25th title this season, and Cameroonian forward Etouga seems eager to face rivals.
“Now I will enjoy the win [over Accra Lions], go home, sleep and prepare for Hearts of Oak,’ the striker said.
Etouga has been a revelation for the Porcupines this season, scoring in 11 of his 12 Kotoko appearances this season and is the current top scorer of the top flight. His early-season exploits have left many of the Kotoko faithful raving and the striker is pleased with the support he is receiving from the club.
“I am very happy to score a hattrick today, I say thank you to the team, management team and all of Kotoko. I am very happy,” Etouga said in his post-match interview.
Ahead of the clash this weekend, Kotoko have lost just two games as compared to Hearts’ four and while Hearts have recorded six draw, Kotoko have three.
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse
- Livestream: 38th National Farmers’ Day celebration in Koforidua
- Asase Gyefo organic fertiliser to the rescue amid inorganic fertlisers’ record-high global prices