The International Advertising Association (IAA) will on Tuesday, September 28, commence its two-day virtual Africa Rising Leadership Conference.
Speaking on Joy FM‘s Super Morning Show on Friday, President of the Association, Joel Nettey, noted that the fourth edition of this year’s conference has been dubbed “Africa to the World”.
He revealed that the keynote speaker for the first day is the Secretary-General of the African Continental Free Trade Area Secretariat, Wamkele Mene.
Other speakers include personnel from world-known brands such as Google, Facebook, Coca Cola, among others.
The conference he said will bring together the major players within the industry globally to highlight the many Africans making an impact in the world and would also enable brands to showcase themselves.
He, therefore, urged all and sundry to avail themselves and participate in the conference.
On the impact the Covid-19 pandemic has had on the industry, Mr Nettey admitted that the advertising industry has been hit hard just like other industries. He, however, stated that following the vaccination exercise being carried out in the country and the African continent, the industry would get back on its feet.
“Generally speaking, when brands are uncertain about the future and what they do, most of them make the mistake of cutting down fares on their marketing and advertising and so Covid-19 hasn’t treated the marketing industry very differently.
“Because of the ban on the number of people who can gather, brands have had to find other ways of engaging the consumer aside from the regular face to face interaction.
“Yes, we have taken some hits but we are hoping that as people vaccinate and follow the protocols, the marketing and advertising space will begin to pick up again,” he told host, Kojo Yankson.
- Police arrest man driving dangerously in viral video
- Reckless driver in viral video to appear in court today
- Colombia’s most wanted drug lord Otoniel captured
- Iranian governor slapped in the face during public speech
- NCA backtracks on Radio Gold, others not having their original frequencies
- I love security issues – Henry Quartey on why he didn’t want to be Greater Accra Regional Minister
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak drop to Confederations Cup after being thrashed by Wydad
- CAF Champions League: Hearts of Oak poised to make history ahead of second leg against Wydad
- Agric Minister stopped my bid to introduce fertiliser manufacturing plant – Entrepreneur
- I resigned from Shatta Movement when Shatta Wale started misbehaving – Ken Addy
Parliament resumes sitting on Oct. 26
EU wants Sudan’s transition ‘back on track’
Twelve injured in Khartoum clashes – reports
Master act of controlling the pressure -Former NSMQ winner advises contestants as finals begin on Oct. 26
GPL: Five substitutes allowed for 2021/22 season
UN calls for release of Sudan civilian leaders
It’s an exciting time to be an entrepreneur if you’re discipline, commitment – UMB MD
Signs of Sudan’s coup build-up have been clear
Top 10 non-traditional exports up 15% to $273m in quarter 2 2021
John Boadu: NPP tribute in memory of Hajia Mariama Bawumia
Auditor-General uncovers ¢44m worth of abandoned projects, completed projects not put to use across
Coup reports ‘major blow’ to Sudan transition – Human Rights Watch
CBOD calls on government to fix deplorable road network in petroleum management and storage area in Tema
World Bank outlines comprehensive debt solutions for countries with high debt
Akufo-Addo to launch alternative employment and livelihood programme today