The Institute of Public Relations (IPR) has honoured outstanding individuals and companies in their service delivery at its National PR and Communications Excellence Awards, held in Akosombo over the weekend.
Five companies were decorated with plaque, with Hollard Insurance winning three awards; Best Launch and Re-launch, Best in Technology and PR Campaign of the Year.
Stratcomm Africa had Best Content and Best in Non-Profit Communication, while MTN-Ghana took Best Community Relations Program of the Year and PR Organisation of the Year in the telecommunications category.
Best In-House Team of the Year went to Vivo Energy, Ghana.
Mahogany Consult were adjudged Best in Social Media Communication, while Global Media Alliance and University for Professional Studies, UPSA had Most Outstanding PR Agency and Most Outstanding Student Chapter, respectively.
Dr. Tony Kwesi Aubynn was adjudged PR Personality of the Year for his leadership and significant contributions to public relations in Ghana.
The Manager of Afrobarometer Knowledge Translation, Josephine Appiah-Nyamekye Sanny was also declared the PR Discovery of the Year, for her demonstrated ability, capacity, and tremendous professional development in field of Public Relations and Communications in the year under review.
Special post-humus awards were also given to Former IPR Presidents, Nanabanyin-Pratt and and Joseph Emmanuel Allotey-Pappoe, in recognition of their priceless contribution towards making IPR a reputable professional institution.
Elaine Sam, Rev. Osei Bimpong, Chief Dr. Alhaji Alhasan Andani, Paul Asare Ansah, Prof. Kwamena Kwansah-Aidoo and Joseph Edwin Tetteh Dottey were inducted as IPR Fellows.
Speaking at the awards ceremony, IPR President Mawuko Afadzinu implored public relation officers to aspire for excellence in their service delivery.
“Tonight is about challenging ourselves, tonight is about re-pushing to the boundaries of excellence inherent in us and in our work places”, he said.
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Jojo Wollacott makes injury return in Charlton friendly
- Morocco not required to provide certificate of good conduct in human rights
- Goverment seeks Indian investment in oil and gas sector
- UK sends life-saving support to earthquake-hit Turkey and Syria
- Agric Ministry denies entering into agreement to import pork from USA
- SuperSport to introduce local languagues in Commentary
- Actor Fred Nuamah to contest for NDC parliamentary primaries at Ayawaso West Wuogon
- Auditor-General complied with the law by publishing Covid-19 Audit Report – Avedzi to Dame
- Akufo-Addo swears in 21 new High Court judges
- MTN ‘Save a Life Campaign’ back after a 2-year break
- Tyre Nichols: Policeman took and shared photos of injured man
- Walmart gunman who killed 23 pleads guilty to hate crimes
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Airports Company ordered to release Frontiers Healthcare Service Ltd contract to Joy News
- Deal with perpetrators of Bawku conflict as pure criminals – Defence Minister tells military