Karela United forward, Samuel Attah Kumi, says it is unfortunate they lost to Accra Lions in matchday two of the 2022/23 betPawa Premier League on Sunday.
The ‘Pride and Passion’ lads let in two quick first-half goals at the Accra Sports Stadium to suffer a 2-1 loss to Ibrahim Tanko’s side.
The defeat means coach Kobi-Mensah’s seven-game unbeaten streak with Karela United has come to an end. The unbeaten run was stretching from last season.
At the post-match press conference, 23-year-old Attah Kumi asserted that the whole team was at fault for the defeat and not an individual player.
“It was a good game for us, unfortunately, we lost. It is very sad. We came here to pick the three points; it didn’t come to pass, but it is football.
“It is the fault of the whole team that we lost. I won’t point my finger at one player and say he’s the cause of our defeat.
“We all came to fight for the three points but it happens that we lost so it is the fault of the whole team.
“We will go back to the training ground, correct our mistakes and prepare for the next game against Dreams FC.”
Kumi has registered one goal this season after scoring the only goal in Karela’s opening weekend win over newly promoted Tamale City.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Ghana has always been innovative and exciting when it comes to music – Rocky Dawuni
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess