JLD & MB Legal Consultancy has once again been named the Ghana Law Firm of the Year at the prestigious Chambers Africa Awards 2022 held on 13 January 2022.
The Firm was also selected as the National Law Firm of the year Ghana, by IFLR1000 in September 2021.
About Chambers and Partners
Chambers and Partners is an independent top-ranking company operating across 200 jurisdictions and delivering detailed and comprehensive rankings and insight into the world’s leading lawyers and Law Firms.
The Chambers and Partners’ selection reflects a comprehensive and rigorous appraisal of professional work conducted by each of the shortlisted firms.
The company provides comprehensive guidance and reviews of providers of legal services worldwide; its rigorous independent process makes Chambers the Gold Standard in legal rankings.
The law firms that were shortlisted for the 2022 Ghana Law Firm of the Year Award are Ashong Benjamin & Associates, Bentsi-Enchill, Letsa & Ankomah, ENSafrica Ghana, JLD & MB Legal Consultancy and N. Dowuona & Company.
The Chambers and Partners’ selection reflects the winning firm’s achievements over the past 12 months including outstanding and excellent professional work, excellence in client services and impressive strategic growth.
Chambers and Partners, in announcing the award, congratulated JLD & MB, and described it as: “A Firm highlighted for its exceptional and professional service, JLD & MB Legal Consultancy is awarded the Ghana Law Firm of the Year accolade off the back of particularly strong performances in the Corporate/Commercial and Energy and Projects practice areas.
The Firm demonstrates a notable flair for handling complex financing and investment transactions in a number of vital sectors in Ghana, including oil and gas, renewable energy and FinTech”.
The Winning Firm
JLD & MB is a pre-eminent corporate and commercial Ghanaian Law Firm, rendering sterling legal services across several practice areas including Oil and Gas; Energy, Mining and Natural Resources; Banking and Finance; Fintech; Capital Markets; Corporate and Commercial Transactions, Mergers and Acquisitions, Aviation and Telecommunications.
It is a leading corporate/commercial law firm in Ghana and has been at the forefront of some of Ghana’s highest-profile corporate transactions.
The Firm is lauded for providing seamless and world-class legal services in the spectrum of corporate and commercial legal work. It is praised for providing solution-oriented and top-class legal services and partnering with clients to realise their corporate goals.
As a testament to the Firm’s pedigree, it is acclaimed by leading international organisations as a top-tier market leader, for its exceptional and excellent legal practice in Ghana.
The Firm also won the International Financial Law Review (IFLR1000) Ghanaian Law Firm of the Year Award for 2021 in September 2021.
- Government to face difficult refinancing options in repaying maturing T-Bills – Report
- Apart from some senior players, no one is guaranteed a place – Andre Ayew on Ghana’s World Cup squad
- We won’t recognise Ghanaian doctors trained in war-hit Ukraine – Medical and Dental Council
- Ghana’s programme will focus heavily on debt sustainability – IMF
- Smugglers Paradise: GRA to investigate how custom officials aided in oil smuggling
- Government currently has zero equity interest in AngloGold Ashanti – Sam Jonah
- We must build on second half performance against Brazil – Inaki Williams
- Nico Williams comments on Inaki’s decision to play for Ghana
- I will choose Mahama over Akufo-Addo – Kumchacha
- ‘Nicaragua won’t be as tough as Brazil’ – Otto Addo
- Ghana bags $731m from oil production in half-year 2022, but PIAC worried over GNPC missing cash
- IMF, World Bank urged to channel support into industrialising economy
- Joana Addey: Yes, condom use is the solution
- My ‘Gift of God’ album is not centred around Ghanaian music lovers only – Shatta Wale
- Hawa Koomson opens Kasoa Championship
- Government re-affirms position to leave no one digitally behind
- Otto Addo hints at mass changes for Nicaragua friendly
- Ghana re-affirms position to leave no one digitally behind – Communications Minister
- Samuel Boadu leaves Hearts of Oak by mutual termination
- YEA organises retreat to strategise for 2023 working year
- Energy Minister promotes Ghana’s offshore oil blocks to investors in USA
- Too early to speculate on debt restructuring – IMF
- Microsoft strengthens partnership with AfDB to fast-track youth entrepreneurship in Africa
- GIJ holds inter-faculty lecture to promote research
- Why Black Stars will need to avoid complacency against Nicaragua