Former President John Agyekum Kufuor, left Accra Monday, for Abuja, Nigeria, to address their 52nd Independence Day Anniversary lecture on the theme: “Security, Development and National Transformation.”
According to statement signed by Mr Frank Agyekum, Spokesperson for Former President J.A. Kufuor, said the invitation from the Nigerian President Goodluck Johnathan described Former President Kufuor as an ‘internationally acclaimed democrat whose views are highly regarded worldwide.’
From Abuja, Former President Kufuor will address a meeting of the Africa Emerging Capital group in Geneva, Switzerland, under the theme:’Seizing Business Opportunities in Africa.” He will speak on “Africa – an excellent place to invest and do business.”
“Former President Kufuor will then move on to Berlin, Germany, and Oslo, Norway, for meetings with various organizations as Global Advocate of the Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) Coalition.
“In Berlin, Former President Kufuor will hold a meeting with Former German President Horst Kohler and address an expert panel discussion organized by the Sabin Institute of the United States on NTDs.
“In Oslo, the Former President will hold discussions with members of the Norwegian Parliament Standing Committees on Foreign Affairs and Defense, as well as Dr Tore Godal, Special Advisor to the Office of the Prime Minister and Dr Paul Fife, Director, Department of Global Health, Education and research”, the statement added.
Former President Kufuor is expected back on October, 2, 2012.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP